To my ex JW ex-husband....if you are out there on JWN

by Coffee House Girl 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Wonderful words, CHG! Forgiveness is a beautiful thing to behold.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

CHG Lovely lovely words....I disagree with Nickolas....a wonderful message to write...well done!

Loz x

• tec
    tec

@ CHG.

I'm glad you found peace, and enough to truly forgive.

Tammy

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I've been thinking more about this. Your peace offering appears to be an overture to your ex for him to get back in your life. Reaching out to him is kind, forgiving and generous, particularly when one considers what he did to you. Here was a man you thought you knew who left without saying goodbye and who hasn't felt the need to make contact in five years, if only to tell you he's ok. Now he may be reading this thread and considering a response, which appears to be what you want. Maybe he's remorseful and just hasn't been able to screw up the courage to try to call. That would be the fairytale ending. Given that past behaviour is generally a good predictor for present behaviour it could also be that you ex has not changed from the man he was five years ago, or he may have changed in ways that would disturb you. I wish you all the best but be cautious, dear lady.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I wonder what I would say to my ex?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Having a dream that turns into a nightmare, it just fooking hurts, and often it does not have to be that way but for craziness on the part of one person or another, or both. I have known that hurt, and I am sorry to see someone else suffer it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Nickolas, CHG is in a committed relationship with another poster here called CoffeeHouseGuy. It wouldn't make sense if her motivation for this thread was to invite her ex back into her life.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It wouldn't make sense if her motivation for this thread was to invite her ex back into her life.

Agree entirely, but what would he think?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thank you everyone...that has been on my mind for a while & I just thought what the heck, I will post it and see what happens

It is true Nickolas that I am in a committed relationship now, but you are also correct because I do just want to know that my ex is ok...I have worried at some points over the last five years that he is broke, living under a bridge or something, and despite what he has done to me....we were best friends once upon a time & I just want to know that he is ok and then my heart will truly have peace

Thanks for your kind words everyone

CHG

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

You are amazing and strong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit