Watchtower And Taxes

by Bangalore 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Biahi
    Biahi

Ffghost, you are right! In an article mentioned above, it mentions the “reputation “ of someone who shirks off taxes. I guess they are not concerned with their reputation regarding CSA.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    I worked my ass off in the printery, worked double shifts during summer convention releases, did endless days as the night guard, got up at 3 am in the mornings for kitchen duty, and traveled to and fro 7 miles to my assigned congregation meetings. When you say housing, I shared a small room with 2 other boys, with no privacy, and ate out of a pre-decided menu. The allowance that I received barely covered my travel expenses and my mother had to send money to me every now and then."

@Drearyweather...

I did not mean to offend you. It's not your fault that those "taking the lead" at Bethel disobeyed Jehovah's Word. They used you as a slave - by your own words, you describe slavery. Unpaid, slaving away, small living quarters...etc.

God says "whatever you are doing, do it whole-souled as to Jehovah" and surely your efforts were appreciated by Jehovah because He knew what your motives were. He also knew which of those guys "taking the lead" were purposely twisting the scriptures in order to take advantage of your freely provided labor. Jesus is a fair judge, and he will make a fair accounting.

• hoser
    hoser

Interestingly, the latest study edition of the watchtower has an article about the scriptural reason to “pay your taxes”.

Only for us suckers in the peon class though. The leadership doesn’t pay taxes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit