Oh no! You cursed!

by bottleofwater 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, as a jw I always thought of jws who obsessed about the use of "swear" words in the context of these scriptures.

(Matthew 23:23-26) 23 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel! 25 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean.

-------------------------

So with their lies, evil gossip, judgment statements, etc., most jws are like the Pharisees cleaning the outside but filthy inside, their personalities are corrupt. They disregard the more important thing that Jesus said would identify his followers, love....mercy, true justice, and faithfulness to his example not an organization.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

My wife (a JW) and I (not a JW) were in a car with another couple (both JWs) when the other fellow (in an effort to break the ice with me who, besides not being a JW, likes science and technology) started talking about the 90 mpg carburetor that was suppressed by the big oil companies back in the 60's. My response was, "That's just urban legend bullshit." We drove on in complete silence. I guess it was something I said, huh?

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I got told off for calling somebody "an old bugger".

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have pointed out to Bible thumpers that "ass" is in the Bible, and as for crap I like to direct them to Isaiah 36:12.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My mother thought crap was a swear word. I always had a hard time with swearing, as to me, there are times when "Oh Peanut Butter", just doesn't do it. I found that when I am swearing too much, it's because I'm stressed and I stop and think about why I'm so stressed and do something about it. But if I hit my thumb with a hammer ( and I do that a lot), I'm going to let it fly.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

When I was in High School at High school I dropped the F bomb in front of some other witnesses kids.

I was in a JC meeting the following Sunday facing a DFing Hearing.

The kid who turned me in.. his Father was an Elder who Hated me so my "friend and his father" are present. At first I laughed... but saw they were serious about DFing me.

Well Darth always had dirt that he kept to himself unless like this situation I needed to Rat someone out. and Rat them out I did.

The Son and Dad team remained and I was excused from the JC meething and they decided I saw the Danger of Foul Words and had learned a lesson.

Less than a year later the Elder was removed and he moved far far away very Humbled.

And Darth..... Ha FU#* yeah...... who walked and who ran???

• trueblue
  • blondie
    blondie

dfing for saying curse words---there wouldn't have been an elder left on the body if they had done that here.

• little witch
    little witch

Fart and Turd were forbidden by my jw stepmother...That was just, well.....death...

I am not even joking....

We were allowed however (and she did all the time) to use the "N" word...and all its relatives....loving people those rural jw's...

LW

'

• pirata
    pirata

Didn't Moses tie his ass to a tree and go up the mountain? That was one stretchy butt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit