Oh no! You cursed!

by bottleofwater 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Have any of you met Witnesses who thought that crap or ass is a curse word? Any other words?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I knew a Witness mother that would only accept the term "Kah Kah" when referring to human feces.

-Sab

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Lock down in 3....2.....1.....

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was counseled for using the word fart .......a sister was offended because in the south she said that was considered a naughty word

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

I knew some sister that corrected some other sister when she said "Damn it" after she spilled her coffee. It's kinda sad when you're an adult and like the poster above mentioned say KAH KAH. Swearing sure is bad language but like everything there is correct places to use it. Real people dont talk like Ned Flanders lol

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I knew someone who would say Jiminey Cricket and got counseled for it because the initials stood for Jesus Christ

darn drat or any similar substitutes were not permitted simply because they were substitutes and therefore not permitted because the "thought" was there

After I left I started swearing -- a lot. My father was a sailor in his youth so I heard a lot when I was young.

Then after a year I wondered why I needed to have such a gutter mouth. So I stopped. I still swear sometimes but usually when I get hurt like when I fell and got hurt recently. The F word could be heard bouncing off the floor

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A friend of mine once in jest said "Ooggaa Booggaa" like some cartoonish native and was told by a certain bull-dykish sister from southern Oklahoma that he shouldn't say that because it "might be a curse word somewhere". Unbeleivable but true.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I told an old man that something freaked me out. He told the elders I said the F word and that I was saying F'n this and F'n that, because I told him I can say freaked or freak any time I feel like it you freak.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I said shit in front of a JW in the KH not long ago, by accident and put my hand over my mouth. Don't know if he told the elders and don't know that I care. I said the F word in front of my brother who is a JW and said oops sorry, and he said that you are trying not too is the key. It is very hard for me not to cuss because I have a touch of Tourette's Syndrome now called Tick Syndrom, I usually don't cuss around anyone but when I am by myself it is uncontrolable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPasYpbZWc

• trueblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit