Kind of in Shock

by KW13 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I was googling something when i came across a random article from last month, it was regarding the Witnesses Child abuse policies. I search an article and see the name of a man i do not recognize, in his late 60's who got away with abusing a young child. Finally he was brought to justice, after approx 30 years. All terrible stuff but what is even more terrible is i recognize the name of a man who was a witness FOR the pedophile in court. Its in the same area as i live and everything...the name of the man who stood up and spoke in defense of the molester was the same as my stepfathers.

Tomorrow i will attempt to find out what is my stepdad or was this mere coincidence. We'll see. If true, i do not know if i could ever see my stepfather in the same light. We have grown closer since i've grown older and he's a fantastic grandfather too. But wow...i don't know what to say. I hope its wild coincidence.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Lets hope its not him . . .

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I hope for you, it's just a coincidence!!

We are here for you, no matter what!!

• Mary
    Mary

Oh lordie......yes, PLEASE find out for sure. It could be a terrible coincidence, but you've got 3 small children now and you want to make sure they're not put in a position where anything could happen to them.

PM me if you need to hon.

• KW13
    KW13

Well everyone, it was PURE coincidence. I rang him this morning and he said he's not been anywhere near the courts, not been called as witness or anything this month, last month or the one before it. I googled the name and did a bit of digging, turns out theres a barrister with the same name

thanks for the offer mary

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well that's a relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit