Have you eaten blood yet?

by cyberjesus 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

People here dont believe in the WT policy about blood. Is the policy out of your head completely or do you still feed with the thought of eating blood?

In Mexico we have tacos de moronga. In Spain Morcilla.

Have you tried it? Are you ready yet?

moronga

morcilla filled peppers

• Farkel
    Farkel

Anyone who has eaten a steak has eaten blood. That alone shows the ridiculousness of the WT policy on the matter. What in the heck do they think those red "juices" are, anyway? Red Dye #10?

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone who has eaten a steak has eaten blood. That alone shows the ridiculousness of the WT policy on the matter.
    What in the heck do they think those red "juices" are, anyway? Red Dye #10?
    Farkel

As usual Farkel Nailed it!!..

When I was in Culinary Arts School..

The Chef`s made no Secret about the Blood in Meat..

Like or not..It`s There!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• ninja
    ninja

when I left I had a black pudding supper......sluuuurrrppppppp

• ninja
    ninja

Black pudding
    Basically congealed blood, wrapped in intestine, battered and deep fried.
  • donuthole
    donuthole

I was told that the red stuff coming out of meat was simply a dye to keep the meat looking fresh in the display. My father was a butcher so he would know I would assume?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I was told that the red stuff coming out of meat was simply a dye to keep the meat looking fresh in the display. My father was a butcher so he would know I would assume?

I looked into this a few years back, and read that it is mostly Myoglobin - which is similar in function to blood:

The fluid conveyed within the muscles is 'sarcoplasm'. It has to have iron in it to convey oxygen. This is in myoglobin and a smaller amount of hemoglobin. Hence the red color of muscles, and the red color of the liquid which oozes from meat. Strictly speaking, sarcoplasm is not blood, which is almost entirely drained from the body after slaughter to help hygiene. Sarcoplasm is, however, functionally similar to blood, even though it's a natural constituent of muscle. It's a type of cytoplasm, an intrinsic component of every living cell.

- Lime

• blondie
    blondie

I guess that this isn't talking about cutting your finger and putting in your mouth..............

• TD
    TD

All bets are off with red bone marrow. --Contains all components of blood

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Before my mother became a JW we sometimes had blood pudding. I didn't like it. Sort of a grainy feel to it. She grew up on a farm and knew all about killing chickens and cows for meat. Blood pudding and head cheese which I also didn't like were sometimes on the table.

Not especially interested in trying it again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit