Did you ever do something for this religion that now makes you shudder ?

by man in black 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Did you ever do something for this religion that now makes you shudder ?

Yes. I believed it. I still get the creeps about that.

Farkel

• funnyface
    funnyface

1.Let my hubby beat me for nearly 41.yrs to stop preaching
    But was told how wonderful it was to be Free,because other Brothers
    were in Jail,& I was free to preach
    2.made 10 people JW's
    3.made 3 of my kids JW's(one is still in & a granddaughter)
    4.I worked as a Buyers asst: at the Bay.I went to the Big Boss
    & preached to her,told her I could get pioneers working for her
    (as she wanted PT workers only)So she gave me my own office
    hired 4 JWs ( they acted as if they were just one.collect one pay which they divided )
    Part time & we preached in the lunch time( we were
    obedient not during work hours.)
    5.as my hubby was dying ,he wanted to become a JW,so called the elder
    who preached after my hubby died how MY persecution paid off.
    6. That elder gave the funeral talk...Saying how TRUTH!!!! paid off
    They DF me to years after his death.When my hubby Didnt believe what I was
    preaching to him he had told me many times " If I kick the bucket before you
    woman,they will kick you out ,cos they dont look after widows.

Guess I married a prophet

• The Finger
    The Finger

The preaching

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

I shudder, I cringe & can feel my cheeks flush at the things I did for JWdom.

I remember a time when I was a PA for a managing director, I was asked to buy cigarettes for someone and I arranged for somebody else to buy the cigarettes instead. Cutting a long story short (and yes it was over the top for them) I was taken into an office and was given a verbal warning because I dug my heels in because it went against my christian witness belief to have anything to do with cigarettes...

I lost out on promotions because taking them meant I would have to work longer hours on the meeting nights

I would argue with everybody and would be so obnoxious when they would criticise my thinking. My thinking was logic, theres was pure satanic & I made them know I thought that.....

I was a complete & utter retard....

I have only 2 good friends (of the world) that I can rely on. This is pretty remarkable considering how obnoxious and self righteous I was....

How I Really Feel Embarrassed for myself now - Oh how the mighty have fallen. Beware he that is standing that he dont fall. Well I fell & I fell from a great height, that I did. Thank god knows who that I woke up to the BS - by some random miracle.....

I now feel truly blessed.....

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Im also embarrassed that I mentally tortured myself for over 10 years because me & my then JW boyfriend had fornicated (now my husband hairyhegoat!). It took me 3 years of total mental anquish to decide to go to the Elders to confess, all because the June 15th WT of 1991 told us to do so.

Even though we were silently reproved I hated myself soo much that I was totally and utterly disfunctional. I felt that I had sinned against the holy spirit and that there was no forgiveness of sins left... Im now so embarrassed that I was so badly damaged by daily guilt and for so many years.... I never thought I would get over this but in just one year I have never felt so emotionally free of all the claptrap...

How can one crappy religion have so much hold on peoples emotional state... Its totally embarrassing...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I did everything for that stupid religion. It all makes me shudder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit