Did You Have a Favored Place to Sit in the KH?

by snowbird 40 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ambersun, you precious thing.

That is so sad.

Syl

• The Finger
    The Finger

As near to the back of the Hall as was possible. Sometimes sitting in the room where the 2nd school was held and sometimes sitting outside in the car.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Ahh thanks snowbird. I was suffering from post natal depression as well. On the plus side, it made my decision to start fading a whole lot easier!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?

(((((((AmberSun)))))))

Syl

• ambersun
    ambersun

Snowbird, you seem really lovely and I wish I had known you 28 years ago!

There were two lovely sisters in that congregation who were good friends to me, but that's about it. I don't know what I would have done without them. That congregation was composed of the coldest bunch of individuals I had ever known. A more selfish, stuck up bunch of buffoons I have yet to meet.

Although I have lost all faith in God since leaving the Borg I have for the last 20 years been best friends with a lady who is Roman Catholic and she is the kindest, most loyal and trustworthy friend anyone could wish to meet. She respects my views, listens to my rantings and regrets but doesn't try to ram her religion down my throat. I attended her son's Christening at her church where everyone was very welcoming and friendly - and NON JUDGEMENTAL!! So refreshing!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird, I wish I had known you 28 years ago!

Likewise.

I'm so sorry you had to suffer through that.

Syl

• donuthole
    donuthole

Someone may have already beat me to it but -->

the bathroom.

• watersprout
    watersprout

I always used to sit in the ''SIN BIN''...I could hide in there and fall asleep. Lol

• blondie
    blondie

Towards the front on the side. On Sunday on the right because the WT conductor never looked to the left...towards the end of my attending meetings, I sat on the left. During the TMS on the left, hubbie conducted.

I actually had people move my books and put them on the floor and sit there........I learned where the pews were paid for.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

As a kid, I had no choice in the matter. When I started living on my own, I eventually found myself sitting at the front, left row, near the aisle. Having ADHD, I needed as few distractions as possible, whether it be a family rushing in way late or the gorgeous legs of a twenty-something cutie. After my emotional breakdown, I sat at the back, pulling a stray chair against the back wall whenever possible. I didn't want to be noticed and I wanted a quick exit after the meeting thing was done. A small handful of "friends" made a bit of a deal about why I no longer sat at the front anymore. It wasn't too long before I dropped meetings altogether...

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit