Preperation for Armageddon

by Listener 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Cameo-d I believe it is not something that JWs, in general, reflect on. As it represents a quickly approaching restoration of God's Kingdom on earth this is the more important focus and a means to that achievement. They very rarely talk about witnesses dying during armagedon but it would appear that some loss would be inevitable - that is, only at the hands of man. I can't find anything at the moment that supports this view from a JW standpoint but I have heard it said by JWs One watchtower magazine says the following.

As the nations use their deadly weapons on one another and threaten to destroy the environment, the Maker of the earth will take action—at the Biblical Armageddon! (Revelation 11:18)

It is likely some will get caught in the crossfire or from other calamaties that will be occurring. However, if this was to happen they would have the prospect of resurrection. There will be some protection provided by God but the extent of this and at what stage is not known (that I am aware of).

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They very rarely talk about witnesses dying during armagedon but it would appear that some loss would be inevitable

It is likely some will get caught in the crossfire or from other calamaties that will be occurring.

Seems to me that this is WT propaganda and speculation and not upheld by scripture. As a matter of fact, the scriptures say that Jesus will search for every lost sheep. Seems to me that when the angels do the gathering, if they are perfect as believed, they would not make any mistakes, and that all of the "sheep" belonging to him are to be taken into the storehouse while the weeds are bound. According to that there should not be any "casualties" of His sheep. Only man believes in the "collateral damage" of other humans. I can't find where Jesus takes such a view of human beings as commerce and collateral damage.

• Listener
    Listener

God's people will be protected at the point where God is waging war, god has promised that -

That will be “the war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Armageddon, the finale with regard to this system of things. (Revelation 16:14, 16) The entire “book” will show that Almighty God has never lost a fight, or battle.

But there will be things that happen on earth before that great day

Prior to the outbreak of God’s war, Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, will have been destroyed. Satan the Devil and the irreligious political demolishers of Babylon the Great will resent the fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses will be the only religious group to survive. World rulers will not have attained their goal of a godless world. So, now, forward to the all-out attack upon the worshipers of Jehovah, whose universal sovereignty they deny and defy! Thus they will actually be fighting against God.—Revelation 17:14, 16; compare Acts 5:39.

Do you think that this will happen peacefully and that no mankind will come to harm?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit