Preperation for Armageddon

by Listener 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

I dislike the way that the publications promote such excitement for Armageddon. I have only ever met one JW that actually suggested that anyone dying beforehand may be fortunate as they will not have to face the horrors of Armageddon.

Anyway, it would make a lot of sense if the GB somehow focused on preservation during this time as many will die due to the nature of what will occur. But there may be things they can do to give themselves a better chance of surviving.

After reading a few posts on here there seems to be some indication of it. One is this idea of 'fleeing to the mountains' which is not understood yet. Another is the fact that Bethel is moving to different locations and changing their administration of publishing.

Also I was just reading that the Elders have been told that no-one other than another elder can read their special reports from the GB.

Of course the most important work that the GB feels it needs to promote is the witnessing work. If they actually came out and told everyone of their preperations for Armageddon then it would slow this work up and not good in their minds as it needs to be ramped up at the time of the end. So in effect they are possibly finally being discreet in a matter and this may be it. The GB would also be painted as hypocrytes if they were preparing for the earthly war like conditions that are to come.

What started me on this line of thought is that I have heard of a lady who is in their late 40's, couldn't be more dedicated, has always pioneered, is in no way interested in material things, has never been interested in working and very committed to serving the Organization as best she can. She has an elder as her husband. Within the last year she has taken up studies to become a Nurse. Now that would not be handy for the new system and only helpful for Armageddon.

What is your thought on this?

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

my thought is that witnesses are actually afraid of armageddon. they are afraid they havent done enough. they say they want armageddon to come and god's kingdom to bring about an earthwide paradise but none of them really want their non jw friends or family to die so it becomes a bit of a paradox.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

From what I remember, we were taught that we would be watching Armageddon from the sidelines of spiritual paradise while sipping Amaretto on the swimming pool. Oh, there might be some "persecution" like maybe closing the Kingdom Hall, but Jehovah will step in immediately because we're Watchtower property and protected under the corporate umbrella, and touching one of us is like touching his eyeball.

~PS

• Listener
    Listener

Surprise, surprise the Dec watchtower has 'Are you ready for Armageddon' It will be interesting to see what it says as opposed to what the org is doing itself.

• agonus
    agonus

The WT is "evidently" preparing for Armageddon by making expansion plans for their "Educational Center" (whatever the hell that means) in Patterson which extend into 2014. You read that right. See the other thread.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Listener: " it would make a lot of sense if the GB somehow focused on preservation during this time as many will die due to the nature of what will occur."

Does the bible really say they die? Or is that WT interpretation of the verses?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    She has an elder as her husband. Within the last year she has taken up studies to become a Nurse. Now that would not be handy for the new system and only helpful for Armageddon.

She has realised that the GB and its minions are off with the fairies and that she needs to start earning some decent money for the retirement she hadn't been planning on until now.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The best preparation for Armageddon is a good supply of sleeping pills and a bottle of your favourite alcohol both to be consumed on the outbreak of said event.

Let's face it, would you want to live forever surrounded only by JW's, all controlled from Brooklyn/Patterson/Warwick?

NOT ME!

George

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The best preparation for Armageddon is a good supply of sleeping pills and a bottle of your favourite alcohol both to be consumed on the outbreak of said event.

Revelation 9:6

And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.

Why do you suppose that is? What do you think it means? Will people be kept alive artificially for experimentation?

• designs
    designs

Order some BigMacs they have a 6 month shelf life.....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit