Being A JW Is FUN!!

by Pig 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pig
    Pig

Some people think that it must be miserable to be a JW because they dont celebrate Christmas or Birthdays.

But they're wrong! Being a JW is miserable because you cant do fucking ANYTHING.

CRAZY HAIR DAY - this was a fundraising day where kids come to school with blue or red died hair and give a $2 donation. I wasnt allowed to do this because it was too worldly to have "crazy hair" and it would be too hard to wash it out for tomorrow nights meeting.

SCHOOL CAMP - This was unnessisary association with those devil worshipping 9 year olds. True christians keep worldly association to a minimum.

AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS - again worldly association. If you're lucky your cong will organise some sport days but you are playing with old farts, and my favorite sport was "violent" aussie rules football anyway. Even if a parent was ok with after school sports, most likely it would conflict with a meeting that night.

SCHOOL FRIENDS SLEEP OVERERS - If you're lucky you might be able to go to a worldly friends house when your about 12yo (when you're about 15 your parents question it too much) but sleepovers were a no no. There was also the problem of having to get up on saturady for witnessing and sunday meeting.

SEX EDUCATION - I dont know if witnesses still do this but i wasnt allowed to do Health Class in grade 5 and 6. My parent thought they would teach me that homosexuality was normal.

DISCO NIGHT - this was when i was in grade 5 or 6. It's just like a games night with disco lights organised by the school but boys can dance with girls so this was considered worldly. Keep in mind we were 11 years old.

CAROLS NIGHT - or pagan night. Just another event to be excluded from.

END OF YEAR 12 CELEBRATIONS - especially when most guys bring dates and there is worldy music playing.

sorry i should have made this thread about events and things you CAN go to when you're a JW. Because you seriously cant do nothing.

BUT dont worry, the good thing is, when you're a JW you dont have any friends anyway so nobody notices when you dont turn up to those events and you learn to crawl into the shadows and pray that nobody sees you

WHO WANTS A FREE HOME BIBLE STUDY?

• braveheart
    braveheart

dude...just get your FREEDOM and get out of this freaking CULT..!!!

peace and strength. -bh

• Pig
    Pig

BH - oh yeah, i'm out. So that offer of a free home bible study was a bit of a lie ;)

but yeah, once you miss out on all that stuff.. you've missed out. You cant go back and have a normal childhood with lots of friends and fun.

But i can make sure to not give the JW's one more second of my life.

• boyzone
    boyzone
    But i can make sure to not give the JW's one more second of my life.

Amen to that.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Remember that living a fulfilling happy life is your greatest revenge.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

They are trained to hate everything non-JW, it's the Devil's world.... what a freakin' messed up way to think and live....

I suspect it won't be long before the Watchtower cult is recognized as the "hate" religion that it is and practicing it openly will be tantamount to denying the holocaust or bashing homosexuals.

boyzone's avatar:

~PS

• ambersun
    ambersun
    but yeah, once you miss out on all that stuff.. you've missed out. You cant go back and have a normal childhood with lots of friends and fun.

Ain't that the truth! I used to dread having to explain why I wasn't joining in all the fun activities at school and being made to feel like a total freak!

Me and Hubby are so glad we faded in time for our kids to enjoy at least part of a normal childhood. From the age of 7 our son took an active part in everything from Christmas parties, birthdays, school outings, after school clubs etc.. etc...., and over 20 years later he still has wonderful memories and loyal, close friendships that were formed during those early years.

When I see some of the JW children I know, often sitting quietly and withdrawn with subdued expressions on their little faces, my heart goes out to them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Pig,

as a mother myself I understand what you are sayin'

when me and my child got involed with the witnesses

they kept harping on me to take her out of all school

activities, and to abandon all of her childhood freinds

unless she was preachin' to them. That would have been

a complete culture shock which from the looks of the other

children in the cong. would have been detrimental to her

in the end. Some of the children that went to this particular

cong have already left or have been d'fed I know this cause

Of what they are doing in their pics of facebook they are out

in the open

• Incognito
    Incognito

Pig said:

If you're lucky...

You're not supposed to use that expression either. Please meet with the Elders in the back room.

I dont know if witnesses still do this but i wasnt allowed to do Health Class in grade 5 and 6.

This is not practiced everywhere. My parents (uber JWs always afraid of doing something 'not right') had no problems with health education in school and I've never heard or seen other JW's have a problem with it either. I suppose that by having their children learn Sex Ed at school, this is one subject that they didn't need to discuss with their kids.

Many current JWs are afraid to do anything that places them around 'worldlies' for any more than what is required .

At my wife's place of business, there are ~200 employees including one JW woman. Not only does this JW woman stay home on dress-up days (ie: Halloween costumes permitted for those that want to dress-up), but she won't even attend any shared lunch day (some call it 'Pot Luck') or an Employee Appreciation lunch provided on any date by the company.

• funnyface
    funnyface

So your like one of the miners that were just rescued

instead of two months + you were in darkness longer
    So make good use of the light....Dont give up on FAITH.
    Mouthy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit