• snowbird
    snowbird
    "Some women know how to stretch a dollar"

Noted.

Thanks.

Syl

• agonus
    agonus

Sell-by dates are suggestions, people, nothing more.

;P

• Gregor
    Gregor

I never grab the front row item with out checking to see if there is a fresher dated package in the back. Yesterday I bought a little tub of chicken livers at Safeway. The top tubs were 5 days older than the tubs under them. I care about the freshness of perishables, I hate to throw out food that has gone off. Waste of money.

PS . Especially sliced bread. I will not eat bread that has mold. It goes out for the birds.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I have had it both ways... when raising my kids, I could make a nickel scream! I don't have to do that any more... spending is much easier... sometimes too easy... it can get away from you sooooo fast...before you even realize it!!! If I used the principals I had to use years ago... I'd be a rich woman today.. but alas...

Coffee

• agonus
    agonus

You're eating chicken livers and you care about a freshness date?

Ahhh, I should talk... I've been known to down a box or two of Popeye's gizzards in my time.

Chicken parts is chicken parts.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Had my chicky livers tonight....sauteed with butter, onions and red wine. Thickened the sauce with a little flour and ladled it over rice. My tongue had an orgasm.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Coffee, you are a treasure.

LOL @ Agonus and Gregor.

You guys are a riot!

Our deceased mother loved chicken livers and yellow rice.

Every time my sister came home from Atlanta, she had to fix them for our mother.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit