Back from New Orleans, ready for DF announcement!

by SweetBabyCheezits 62 Replies latest jw friends

• debator
    debator

Hi sweetbaby

I admired your honesty in realising it is a lack of faith issue.

Although wouldn't it have been easier to simply DA both yourselves? rather than go through a process that is meant to hopefully draw people back from an edge? an edge you and your wife had already stepped over?

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

It is at times like this we realise being a Christian is a life-commitment rather than just a hobby and you are starting a new life completely of your own choice and that you recognise this is to be admired.

Hebrews 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well done Cheez!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thanks again, yous guys! I really do appreciate the heartfelt sentiment expressed on this board when strangers are going through tough times. That, to me, is what being a human is all about. (Well, that and sex - hi, honey! Okay there's more than that but I'm gonna be lazy and leave it.)

Although wouldn't it have been easier to simply DA both yourselves?

Debator, my wife and I aren't picking the easiest path in any of this. Easy is to go with the flow. This obviously is not the flow of our social and family circles. It's hard.

If we DA'd that may have caused some family to assume we were tucking tail and just wanted out for the hell of it. That's not the case. We admitted being guilty of "thoughtcrime" more or less. That we will be DF'd because of that... may help old friends realize, someday, that there's too much emphasis on control and unity.

I personally believe the Bible was about control as well so, while I appreciate your concern, there's no reason for me to argue those verses with you. Best wishes to you on your own journey, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit