Back from New Orleans, ready for DF announcement!

by SweetBabyCheezits 62 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

[Click here for a little history...]

Mission accomplished! My wife and I held off the announcement and were able to attend my BIL's wedding & reception this past weekend. Both of our kiddos were in the wedding party and did a great job as flower girl and ring bearer. They had a blast and made it worth the effort to delay the inevitable. (I might post a pic after we're DF'd.)

We got a call last Thursday that the Appeal Committtee is ready to meet on the 17th. We accepted their verbal invitation with the intent of writing a letter this week that we would not attend and why. (Actually, I think my wife could go through with the appeal and possibly have the ruling overturned, but she's lost interest in pursuing it.) We'll explain our position in truth and sincerity and bid them adieu.

Sure, we could just not show up but, again, most of these elders are men who I believe to be generally good. I'll afford them as much respect as I can - no reason to be ugly. It's the Society and its cult-like control that I detest, not them individually. These elders are just pawns, cogs of the same machine that I was part of (as a MS) just a few years ago. I feel pity for the born-ins.

This week, we'll also be writing friends and family to let them know what's going on in a final appeal to reason and logic. My buddies - who knew we were going to trial for quietly holding dissenting views - will finally hear the whole story and the details of my "doubts", which I'd refused to share with them up to this point. They'll know we're being disfellowshipped for thoughtcrime, one of the main goals of sitting through the kangaroo court.

D-day, from my best guess, will be on the 19th. That'll be our own little independence day. I may even buy fireworks for the kids, a bottle of bubbly for the wife, and cigar for myself.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thoughtcrime love it!

Congrats on going out YOUR way

• mamalove
    mamalove

Ah, I see why you wanted to delay it since your kids were in the wedding. That makes lots of sense. Glad your plan worked. :) Best to you and your family!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Glad the wedding went well and was a good time.

Congratulations on getting out.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Ya know this thread made my day. I'm happy for you and your family. Its awesome that you were able to attend the wedding and reception. I hope you ate an extra slice of cake for me. Wow, this made me feel good. Screw the system as it screws you. Good for you breh.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Good deal. I recommend grilling a 2" bone in ribeye, enjoying that process with a few beers, have a glass of wine with the meal, the following it up with a Padron 92 or a nice Rocky Patel. I prefer double maduros myself. Pair that with a nice Glenlivet 18.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Misery, I didn't touch the wedding cake but I did have an extra White Russian in behalf of all my bros (and... sisters) on JWN.

• Think About It
    Think About It

SBC.......what a great plan you came up with in drawing it out to accomplish your goal. Sounds like you have a plan to leave with dignity. Good luck to you and your family.

Think About It

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Ron Burgundy: [to waiter] I'll have three fingers of Glenlivet, with a little bit of pepper... and some cheese.

NVL, what's the deal with Glenlivet? I don't know spit about scotch. Or cigars for that matter. Hell, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke but I thought a decent smelling cigar is about the only thing I can do to christen my new freedom next week.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Very good to hear, SBC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit