How do I cut off pioneering?

by bottleofwater 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    The military will do one thing for you that makes it worthwhile. It will force you to grow up and stop whining. I can' t think of anything you need to deal with more right now than that. Farkel

I thought I was the only one who was thinking that here. Parents don't owe you anything past age 18.

Maybe you can figure out how this smart girl got her education in spite of her JW family.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/187528/1/Woman-Raised-Jehovahs-Witness-awarded-Rhodes-Scholarship

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

carry on the facade with blatant lies it could be fun, put down 28 Bible Studies, Books Placed; 56, Mags Placed 40, Hours 57, put this down for the next few months.

• sherah
    sherah

Who could I move in with? My uncle will only let me stay with him this week that I'm here.

This

What about renting a room from someone that's not a JW?

Does your school have student services or housing dept? They can steer you toward landlords that rent to students. Also, they can be a good source to check if your fellow students are looking for a roomate.

• sherah
    sherah
    My Mom is a pioneer as well. So I can't fake times

Is she your pioneer partner? If not, faking should be no problem. If she is, tell her you are "widening out" and working with some "friends" you met at school or at the District Convention.

• moshe
    moshe
    They can steer you toward landlords that rent to students

get real, this takes money, a job, income. I used to be a landlord and the only way a 19 yr old college wannabe could rent a place from me was if his parents co-signed on the lease. His only choices are to lie and do what Mommy and Daddy want or tell the truth and hit the road. I'll bet he can't get a student loan, unless he is living at home!

• pirata
    pirata

In some articles the society encourages going to college for a couple years after high school so that you can get a job, be self-sufficient, and support yourself pioneering. Can you say that you will not be able to keep up with your studies while pioneering, but after graduation that it should be feasible?

• cult classic
    cult classic

I want to qualify the difficulty BOW is having with this from the position of one born in with JW parents. Everything you have been taught and sold is to keep you under the thumb of your parents, the congregation and WT. So when you hear tough love from Moshe and Farkel it may come across as harsh.

Know that you have been trained to be dependent, not independent. That being said, when you are given advice to get on with your life, it is going to sound scary. But they are right and are trying to keep you from wasting some of the best years of your life subservient to those who wish to keep you in child-like dependency.

There is nothing wrong with being cautious. But don't be too timid. There really is nothing to worry about. Get a plan and implement it. You'll make some mistakes along the way. But that is what learning is all about. Millions of young adults move out every year and do just fine. It's not about being perfect. It's about finding your own way and living your life.

Bottle of Water - You can do this. Again, Good Luck

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

Dude, forget all of this stuff about fading or faking. Hit the road and don't look back or you'll spend a very long time as a slave. Go get a job somewhere, move if you have to, find a place to live, and then worry about the rest.

• moshe
    moshe

19 year old guys have lots of options--Linda Hogan with her new 19 year old "friend".

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Kind of reminds me of those unmarried 40-year-old sisters who wait on Jehovah... Oh I'll bet they'll be waiting... and waiting... and waiting... RIP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit