Talked to hubby about Jesus being the Mediator for only 144,000 he said it made total sense

by life is to short 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Ding You might ask your husband about John 6:53-56.

life is to short, indeed, try him with this one.

John 6:53-54 (New International Version)

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

I posed these two verses to the last two JWs who came to my door and asked them in passing the break and wine how they had life in them and were to be raised up on the last day?

They told me it was for the 144, 000. I told them Jesus didn't say that but he said "you have no life in you".

They told me they were happy with the teachings of the WT. I told them I was happy with the teachings of Jesus and eating His flesh and drinking His blood of the New Covenant, poured out once for all.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Stephen, sadly Jehovah's Witnesses do indeed believe they have no life in them. EVERYTHING they are and ever will be depnends on their relationship with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Any hope of life comes through obedience to this source, not through faith in Jesus or anyone else.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt has made itself the mediator between god an jw's, or for that matter, the rest of the world. Since jesus is not allowed to mediate for the ordinary jw, prayers said in his name are basically not valid. It follows also, that the ordinary jw is not a christian. Only the 144000 can bare the christian mantle. The rest are following men, the governing body.

Anyhow, your hubby has a lot over you: age, position,etc. He also seems to be thoroughly indoctrinated, so that the only thing that sounds reasonable to him is what the wt corporation says.

S

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, Luke 22 is an interesting chapter.

IF one is to take what Jesus said to his 12 apostles on verse 28:

28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials. 29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

What trials were these? and Jesus is directing this to ALL 12 disciples, which would include Judas it seems.

Further more, in verse 20 and 21 we have:

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. 21 But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table.

Here Jesus says that, after he drank of the wine and ate of the bread, that the hand of his berayer is with HIS ON THE TABLE, note that nowher ein Luke is Judas "sent" away or leaves before ot during the last supper.

So, IF the JW's take verse 28 and 29 as literal and meaning what it says then verse 20 and 21 us also literal and means what it says, so, according to the JW mindset:

Judas partook of the last supper and Judas is part of the 144K and will be part of thr 12 that judge the tribes of Israel and Jesus is mediator to Judas.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Discussing DOCTRINE with a person under the influence of Thought Reform is pointless.

Have you read either of Hassan's books?

• booby
    booby

14 THE WATCHTOWER ? AUGUST 15, 2010

Jesus thus had the potential for fathering a perfect human race. Instead, however, he allowed

God's enemies to put him to death so that he could adopt Adam's sinful descendants

and make it possible for those exercising faith in him to receive everlasting life.

The Scriptures explain: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a

man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransomfor all."-1 Tim. 2:5, 6.

notice they dropped the "[not, all men]"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit