WTBTS 2010 AGM notes (GAG alert)

by billyboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

We need not be concerned with enduring the GT because once started we have Jehovah's divine protection.

I knew a lot of Dubs believed this but when did it become official doctrine from the GB? Used to be that the Dubs were to be protected through Armageddon but no one was going to be protected during the GT. Have they formally and officially morphed the GT and Armageddon together, since that's what most Dubs do in their mind anyway?

Anyone have insights on what the official doctrine is here, and where it's in print?

---------------------------------------------

There are some articles that say that some individual jws may die during Armageddon due to illness (diabetes--no refrigeration for medication) or accidents---but they will be resurrected because it wasn't due to direct execution by Jesus and the angels....no CD at work and I might forget later...if you can check CD. I believe it was around 1966 to 1975.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

After reading all of that, its as if they're running out of ideas up there. They've been making it up as they go along, but its more apparent than ever. They're not even creative anymore.

• just a reader
    just a reader

God allowed his son to be born in a stable, it's a far contrast from the billions in real estate owned by the watchtower.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Well, at least it's encouraging that reports are getting back to the GB that many older ones are complaining about their dire financial straits after believing the bullshit served to them for decades. For them to actually mention this, it must be quite a trend.

What will the reaction be? Will listeners cower in fear of this reproof or will they wake up to the voice in their heads surely telling them this is pure culttalk?

• VM44
    VM44

Anyone know which GB member made the "murmur" remark?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

"Bible School For Single Brothers"

"Bible School for Christian Couples"

I guess the Christian Sex chapter is different?

• booby
    booby

Branch Bethel staff to be reduced to 75 anyone know what it is now?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My previous post didn't work.

I can't see how this is "encouraging" "up-building" or "hearting" .... to use a few of their buzz words.

Just what part of not saving for retirement is wrong? Does everyone need to work themselves to death while trying to keep up all the meetings, etc until they step into the grave? This is what my parents are doing now, they are feeling this never having saved anything, and I can't describe how furious it makes me.

• VM44
    VM44

"We need not be concerned with enduring the GT because once started we have Jehovah's divine protection."

Why should anyone believe anything said by a GB member?

• minimus
    minimus

Hardliners still rule---no matter who dies and goes to heaven!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit