WTBTS 2010 AGM notes (GAG alert)

by billyboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• torre
    torre

To add a bit more information from the Annual Meeting, you can read below what was sent to me by a friend of mine still an elder in UK. I don't know if everything might be confirmed.

"A new simplified English edition of the Watchtower including study articles. Will start in mid 2011 and will run for a trial period of 1 year. 2. Pilot program to shepherd District overseers and their wives. Bethel representatives will be sent out to spend a week with them during the host week with a congregation and then will attend the circuit assembly with them. This will start this year in US and in 2 years go to other countries. 3. As of Sept. 1, 2011 there will be 2 classes a year of Branch School as well as Traveling Overseer school. Why? so that those who have already attended may come for a second time along with those who have not yet been through the school. 4. M.T.S. it now changes to "Bible School for Single Brothers" (so far 37,445 have attended) 5. New school!!! "Bible School for Christian Couples" 2-month course similar to the former M.T.S. but many classes also for sisters, some days they will preach while husbands attend. Sent out afterwards as reg. or special pioneers. Perhaps even to be missionaries in other countries. Must be married and pioneering for at least 2 years less than 50 years old and interested in being used more fully. First class july-august of 2011 where is will start at Patterson, later to be worldwide."

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

IFone will survive the Great Tribulation

the GB approves the new post Armageddon communication system - the iPhone! The New Light App will be released shortly

MMXIV

• VM44
    VM44

"Bible School For Single Brothers"

"Bible School for Christian Couples"

???

• VM44
    VM44

The sooner The Watchtower goes bankrupt and disappears, the better!

• baltar447
    baltar447

A simplified english edition? Why?

• Room 215
    Room 215

"such ones (?)" gotta love that theospeak!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We need not be concerned with enduring the GT because once started we have Jehovah's divine protection.

I knew a lot of Dubs believed this but when did it become official doctrine from the GB? Used to be that the Dubs were to be protected through Armageddon but no one was going to be protected during the GT. Have they formally and officially morphed the GT and Armageddon together, since that's what most Dubs do in their mind anyway?

Anyone have insights on what the official doctrine is here, and where it's in print?

• torre
    torre

Why a new magazine format? The only reason I can think of for that is that the WTS need money and the only way to get a bit more incomes is keeping busy the JW buying and selling. They denostate the inactives, including the rotative press.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So the older ones have regrets about not getting an education, planning for the future, and livng in abstract poverty, all the while The Bossert Hotel stands in all it's splender?????? My-O-My!!! What fuggin hypocrites!!!! So somehow, the Governing Body gets to fly all around the world first class, all the while heaping blame upon the flock for being paupers, which the Governing Body commanded them to be in the first place!!!

One thing of interest, is that here we see definitive proof that the "sighing and moaning" of the flock really IS getting back to the Governing Body, and what is their response????? To beat them down even more and claim that it's there own fault for ending up in such a predicament, even though they were only following orders!!

Another "smoothing over" is the claim about how they "sent out" Bethel workers into special pioneering assignments. Hahahahaha!! What utter bullshit!!! More like they were kicked to the curb after decades of faithful service with NOTHING to show for it; no job skills, no pensions, no retirement funds, no 401K, no NOTHING!! Keep warm and well fed, Brothers!!!!!

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

The way they talk about the ailing and aging flock, as well as their smug attitudes is enough to make me vomit, and 7 Million JW's actually believe these con-artists are "Princes among men." Disgusting!!!

- Wing Commander

• sir82
    sir82
    Many older ones already are telling the younger ones how they regretted not getting an education, pursuing a lucrative career, saving up money or not having a retirement plan. The sad truth is that such ones are like the murmurers of Israel when coming out of Egypt.

The hubris is just stunning.

And why exactly are these "older ones", living in poverty and/or forced to work well into their 70's and 80's, in such dire straits?

Because they had the temerity to believe the WTS's promises that they would "never grow old in this system of things"!

Now more than ever, it appears that "the beatings will contiinue until morale improves."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit