I've decided to officially disassociate myself

by Garrett 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

hey guys,

I just wanted to thank you all for all of your input, support and help over the past few months. I've decided to officially disassociate myself from the organization and move on with my life. I feel that in order for me to be able to fully move on, I need to close this chapter and to do that, I need to disassociate myself.

Ive sent my letter and I have informed some of my dear friends back in the States of my decision and why I had to do it. I was always around open minded individuals , so I hope that they will at least consider what I had to say.

My life is slowly starting to work itself out. I'm on my way to starting my own company, I haven't had depression since I left, I feel much more confident and I feel so free and liberated that at times I'm not too sure what to do with it.

so, once again, thank you all for everything :)

peace,

garrett

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Good luck sweet man. Really glad you are happy!!
  • XkhanX
    XkhanX
    Great. We DA in feb 2014. It's liberating experience to start appreciating life and the real world.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done Garrett!

You have taken control of your life!

I wish you every success and happiness!

Remember, others only have the control or power over us that WE ALLOW.

You have taken that away from the Organization.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All the best Garrett - it's great you can sever all ties so cleanly!

Our day will come.

Have a great life.

• Onager
    Onager

Good luck Garrett!

If you have dear friends with open minds who are still JW's it could be worth reaching out to them after a while has passed, because they can't reach out to you of course. I have a couple of friends who are still JW's who I meet for a drink now and then (discreetly). We don't talk religion but they get to see that I haven't turned into an amoral monster and that I'm there for them if need be.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Congratulations on leaving and doing it your way. I was completely isolated when I left but things started to look up after a while

Kate xx

• Fernando
    Fernando

Congratulations Garrett.

It may not be for everyone.

However it worked wonders for our family.

Hugely liberating and empowering.

Best wishes

Fernando

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations are in order.

We may all differ in what we would do, but I think most of us agree that moving forward is of utmost importance, so your decisions will definitely do that for you. You are still young, so go ahead and put this JW stuff in your rear-view mirror. Good luck.

• bradford
    bradford
    I've done the same. It feels good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit