Would WT-Fantasy Videos Keep Kids in the Truth?

by compound complex 19 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I think its unrealistic that the WT would produce fantasy videos to retain born in youth. However, I will admit that JWs have a smug dehumanized view toward nonJWs. I always found it odd that from the platform and in the literature, we're admonished to give the ministry our all because we love our neighbors so much. We imitate the love Jesus had by preaching the good news! At the same time we're hoping and praying that soon Jehovah will destroy every single one of them. I've read posts on here about JWs fantasizing about what house they'll occupy after Jehovah destroys unbelieving householder. Talk about mixed messages, especially if you're a kid trying to make sense of it all emotionally, while trying to please your parents and please the WT's interpretation of God and Christ.

A couple years ago at the District Convention, I can't recall which one, but at the beginning of a Drama, it depicted two Israelite kids playing in the dirt or sand. They were pretending that Pharoah and his army were in the middle of the split walls of water in the Red Sea. Then they imagined and played out how the waters came down drowning all of the Egyptians. They did this much in the same way I used to play with Ninja Turtles, or Transformers on the side of my bed as a child. Now there's nothing in the Bible to indicate Israelite children were doing this, but when has the WTS ever allowed a lack of evidence to ever stand in the way of their indoctrination.

So regarding JWs being pacifists, that may be true in the sense of wars and other social conflicts. However, make no mistake about it, the mentality of violence is present in the minds of many JWs. It's been posted on here before, an older article on disfellowshipped ones, particulary apostates, and it left the reader under the impression that the WT leaders wished they could legally get away with executing apostates. It didn't actually come out and say it, but you knew without a doubt the writer had a violent animosity in his heart the day he wrote that. You know what, the more I'm typing, maybe the threadstarter has a point. I can sort of see a Lord of the Rings or 300 type of DVD being done on a topic such as Sampson as another poster mentioned, or maybe the crazy illustrations in Revelation. Who knows.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their videos for their JW kids would have to be rated "R."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Zimri and Cozbi take love to new heights and the Beasts of Revelation devour their quarry ...

I think we have missed the irony in Coco's post! .....

The videos and DVD's that The Borg does produce are pretty tame, although might be a welcome change to the textbooks. In reality they seem to be doing everything to make life in "The Truth" as dull as ditchwater for kids, then wring their hands when they go off elsewhere....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear readers, for your wonderful comments.

I meant to hurt no feelings nor appear callous. But some JW kids do do violent video games and see violent movies, to whatever extent they can get away with it. The Society generally admonishes JWs to participate in activities WT-approved.

An abstract on English terminology and word usage points out that there is a fine line between sarcasm and irony ...

You got it Blue Brother! [and a few others, close!]

Thanks,

CoCo

• debator
    debator

Give me tame anyday. We do not need to train our kids to need extremes from an early age to stimulate their senses. Where does it end? When does bordom with the violence of a video game or movie then to progress to expressing that violence around us for greater stimulation?

Quick, cheap, shallow sensory overload packaged as entertainment stops our children having the ability to appreciate slower deeper more constructive enjoyments.

If a child eats Macdonalds all his life would he ever be able to appreciate a variety of well-balanced nutritional meals?

It is a known fact that children are becoming less socially adept as they miss out on important childhood development skills., including functioning with others because of an enclosed environment were, TV, computers, X-boxes have replaced social interaction with others.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It is a known fact that children are becoming less socially adept as they miss out on important childhood development skills., including functioning with others because of an enclosed environment were, TV, computers, X-boxes have replaced social interaction with others.

Sort of how as born in JWs, we're awkward at times around nonJWs because of the enclosed enviroment encouraged by the WT and enforced by our local congregations. Good point Debator.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The bible is very blunt about our history as God's people.....Debator/Reniaa

The Bible makes no mention of you or the WBT$.....Niether of you count,in the Bible..

But we as Jehovah's people can only be peaceful and reject violence.....Debator/Reniaa

While you wait for God to Kill Everyone on the Planet..Except Brain Dead Jehovah`s Witness`s..

It is a known fact that children are becoming less socially adept as they miss out on important childhood development skills.,
    including functioning with others because of an enclosed environment were, TV, computers, X-boxes have replaced social interaction with others......Debator/Reniaa

Jehovah`s Witness`s keep their kids Socially Retarted..By not allowing them to do anything,not WBT$ Related..

One kind of Retard,is always better than another kind of Retard..

Ask any ReniaaTard!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Would WT-Fantasy Videos Keep Kids in the Truth?

They already produce fantasy videos - along with fantasy books, magazines, etc.

I imagine bible-accurate video production of the Song of Solomon might help with the 'young men' though.

- Lime

• compound complex
    compound complex

On Facebook I saw a post of Caleb in a space suit . . .

Forgot to ask him what in blazes he was doing there.

Have you seen it?!?!?!?

CC

Edited to add: Found it -- he's manning a literature cart/trolley, but I see no aliens.

Would they accept and embrace the GNOTK?

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Wow!! Do ya think the WT read your thread and thunk..what a good idea?!?

Haven't seen Spacesuit Caleb. Maybe someone can post it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit