Would WT-Fantasy Videos Keep Kids in the Truth?

by compound complex 19 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

If the Society put out theocratic warfare videos, it would really help JW youths stick around, IMHO.

In place of commercial videos that are violent and suggestive, WT-sanctioned videos would supply a viable, healthy alternative. Accordingly, concerned and thoughtful Witness parents could participate with their little warriors in theocratic warfare videos as virtual OT prophets wipe out the dread Canaanites, Zimri and Cozbi take love to new heights and the Beasts of Revelation devour their quarry ...

And the parents count their time.

Any other thoughts regarding Family Worship Night and related meeting parts?

CC

• debator
    debator

Hi CC

Since we are all about peace, right down to being conscientious objectors and "theocratic warfare" only using peaceful means as our only recourse, I'm surprised you think that would work?

You maybe confusing us with the Born again movement whom some groups think they will be taking up actual weapons at Armageddon and killing their fellow "evil" man.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Debator,

Theocratic warfare strategy, which has been used by the Wt many times, is defined by withholding the truth from those who they do not believe are worthy of knowing the truth.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

"As a soldier of Christ he is in the theocratic warfare and he must exercise added caution when dealing with God's foes. Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interest of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God's enemies."

Watchtower, June 1, 1960, p. 352.

"Lying generally involves saying something false to person who is entitled to know the truth..."

Aid to Bible Understanding under the definition of lie

You maybe confusing us with the Born again movement whom some groups think they will be taking up actual weapons at Armageddon and killing their fellow "evil" man.

Hardly.... You just believe Jehovah will kill 'em all for you...everyone who isn't a jw,that is.

Coffee

• debator
    debator

Hi Coffee

Your point has nothing to do with cc's words which are about saying witnesses should make weird violent DVDs with killing in them.

Regarding your point Jesus refused to answer or talk to the sanhedron was he witholding information? Yes! but he clearly felt they had no right to his words.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV
    Since we are all about peace

I was subjected to some pretty gruesome and violent themes as a child from the WTS literature. You're definately not a witness Debator and never were.

MMXIV

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Since we are all about peace,

EH??? I certainly didn't experience peace when i was a borgite...You sure your on about the witnesses Debator?

right down to being conscientious objectors

LMAO! Now i know you are taking the pee pee!

Peace and light

• debator
    debator

Hi MMXIV

The bible is very blunt about our history as God's people it certainly doesn't whitewash things or the consequences of Armageddon when summary judgement on humanity by God through his son will happen. But we as Jehovah's people can only be peaceful and reject violence and armed worldly warfare as is required of us by Jehovah.

2 Corinthians 10:3
    For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.

Our weapons and armour are all of the peaceful variety given by Jehovah.

Ephesians 6:13-17 (New International Version)

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I answer You with the only sword God has given us, which is his word the bible. May Jehovah help it slice through your bitterness and hate for your former life.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

So we're all about peace with a history of violence?

Back to the thread - I could see the WTS producing video games in a 100 years time - something along the theme of "developing a christian personality" and you'd work through hypothetical situations like peer pressure to attend a birthday party. You'd pick up points for knowing scriptures, turning it into an opportunity to place literature and start a study with a school mate.

Would this keep kids in the truth? Yeah they'd never leave just so they could have the latest WTS game that no-one else at school had

MMXIV

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I could definitely see it as the Watchtower's take on Dungeons and Dragons. Instead of elf archers, battle dwarves, and necromancers.... you could have samson kicking butt like the warrior type. Jesus could be like the necromancer with the freaky powers. King David could have the accuracy-with-a-weapon thing going on like the elven archer. I suppose Elisha could be like the grumpy old dwarf. Just don't call him a slap-head.

I see most Dub kids these days are like Rod and Todd Flanders on the Simpsons. "YAY! Let's play the good Samaritan!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit