Facebook privacy settings are crucial to control your info!!

by WingCommander 18 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

One problem I've found with the jw group I created is that I can't figure out how to block them from seeing my links. This has kept me from being able to accept my aunt as a friend because I have a link to a video of me blowing out b-day candles. Any suggestions?

• PEC
    PEC

I let my JW family see everything, Fuck them if they don't like what they see.

Philip

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I was there the first time for only a couple of months when I was still in. It was so annoying to me and I didn't find much use for it, espcially 'cuz none of my family was there. I deleted my account soon after.

I'm only there now because of a project I was part of recently. I signed up under an AKA 'cuz I just don't trust FB with my real life details at all.

Most of the borg I used to know are still there and I don't want the world or any of them knowing what I'm up to. Filthy spies...

V665

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Vamp your my Bud Dude.

Totally Understand.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

double life: you can do it by clicking on the lock right before submitting the post and clicking Customize. Put the name of the list into the Exclude section.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm with PEC. I'm inactive but I do have a couple JW FB 'friends'. I don't hide my other 'worldly' friends or worry about what I say or do so much. Of course, I'm kinda new to the FB thing and not really all that into it.

I'm actually kinda looking forward to creating a stir sometime down the line by something I say or do. Just for the hell of it.

• alamb
    alamb

Ya my JW daughter friended me. Her JW hubby elder-wannabe went through my friends and outed a fader. Had to de-friend my daughter because she thinks I have powers to DRAG people out of the truth now. grrr. We are now in full shun mode.

• goman
    goman

Wanna hide your email address or your contact info?

Even though you set your Privacy Setting = Friend Only ...... YOUR CONTACT INFO is still visible.

Some have their emails showing. Lucky, most are dummy or fake email address. This is a good precaution if all else fail on Facebook.

But if you need to hide your email / contact info, here's the trick:

Go to "Privacy Settings", select "Friends Only" and click "Apply These Settings" <--- This is used to Default all settings to "Friends Only".

Then click on "Customize settings" (can't find it, try Ctrl+F and enter "Customize settings"), then go to "Contact information" section (lowest section) of page and change settings instead of "Friends Only" into "Customize" next "Make this visible to" ... either "Me Only" or "Specific People", finally "Save Setting".

It's always a good idea to preview your profile ---> "Preview My Profile" (can't find it, try Ctrl+F and enter "Preview My Profile").

Save, check and double-check.

• doublelife
    doublelife

bottleofwater, thanks. I customize my posts and links now, but the link I mentioned is already there. I'd have to delete it, then post it again to customize it. I didn't want to go through the trouble to do that. I just don't understand why fb has allowed me to hide posts and pictures from a group under the privacy settings, but with links I have to hide it as I'm posting each one. Oh, well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit