Thank You JWD and all you JWD posters!

by superman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• superman
    superman

I haven't really looked at this site in the last year (or so), but I can think back to when I first found it. It was at a time when I was going through a real transition period in my life. And I am sure that this website 'sealed the deal' for my exiting the WTBTS. At first I tried to fade (didn't want to DA or get DF'd for my family sake), but after I gave up all of my 'privileges' (mics, talks, attendant, etc) I couldn't sit through anymore meetings or put up with all of the fake people so I just switched my publisher card to a different hall and stopped going immediately. Long-story-short, it's taken some time but I can say I am a happier, more well adjusted adult, who has moved on with life. I was young when I left, so I was able to finish college and have a good job. I've gotten married, and have a new network of 'non-jw' friends. Since I was married I moved over an hour away from the last hall that has my publisher card (so they don't bother me, and no elders stopping by unannounced) and because it's been so long I think I finally fell through the cracks. My advice to anyone who is considering leaving, LEAVE IF YOU CAN life does go on beyond the WTBTS. I was a born in and it was all I knew, but having a support system (like new friends, old DA'd/DF'd JW friends, or a site like JWD) can really help with the transistion out. And one thing that helped me was not dwelling to much on all the bad things I experienced as a JW (it's tough to move forward if you dwell to much on the past). So to all of you who have shared your experiences (some sad, some touching, some heartfelt, and some hurtful) thank you, and keep posting!

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome back, Superman!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SUPERMAN RETURNS!

And with a triumphant tale to tell as well!

Congratulations on your success, Son of Krypton. Will you be using your powers and abilities (far beyond those of mortal men) to aid others seeking release from the mental prison that is The WATCHTOWER?

• superman
    superman

Haha 'LittleBird' and 'Nathan Natas', thanks for posting, I haven't been on this site for a while but it's good to be back and see all of the new posters that have joined. One day I will post 'My Story' giving the details of my life and how I left, but for now it's just good to be back!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Cheers!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I LOVE reading posts like yours Superman. They inspire hope.

• funnyface
    funnyface

Great to have you back sweetie.I am still Granny on board 83 now
    Still sending naughty ones to there room.But I think I was kicked off

as MOUTHY!!!! as I was for 8 years .I think Simon wanted me to be FUNNYFACE

( was he trying to tell me something?) Great to have SUPERMANS return

Mouthy

• Farkel
    Farkel

superman,

I'm sorry, I don't remember you. Did I pick on you or anything?

I certainly hope so!

Farkel

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey man, that's super!... Superman.

I hope you realize that you've made some men in Brooklyn very sad. They were hoping that you could send them money every month.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's wonderful to see ones leaving the organization, moving on to their positive life, and yet at least occasionally come back here and say, "I've made it and it's great!!" So many best wishes to you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit