John Lennon and JW... (...a credible source)

by Confucious 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billen76
    Billen76

At John Lennons door:

Knock Knock.

JL: Who is it?

JW: Hello. My name is XXX and this is YYY. Have you ever wondered....

JK: Sorry. Not interrested. Try Elvis instead.

JW: But have you not ever wondered about if worldpeace is possible...

JL: Said I am not interested. Go in peace or f*** off. You decide.

JW: Would you like to read a bit about i then. I got these mag....

JL: (calling into the house): Hey Yoko. Do we still have enough toiletpaper left?

Yoko: Yes. We have plenty.

JL: (turning to JW): Sorry. I have no need of your magazines.

JW: Ok. Maybe if I came back at a better time perhaps?

JL: Sorry. I am very busy recording a new album so I hardly think. Peace on your journey of this property.

JW: A new album. Interesting. What kind of album is it

(sound of door slamming)

(At JW's visit to Betel with his congregation)

JW: I visited JL in filed service some days ago.

GB: Really! What did you talk about?

JW: We had an very interesting conversation about worldpeace. I asked him if he could imagine it possible.

GB: Really. I heard that he just released a new song called "Imagine". It is about worldpeace.

JW: Woaw. It seems like some of my words slipped through. A little corn sown.

GB: He seems like a nice man. You must really go to him again. What will you say to him next time?.......

And thus John Lennon was inspired by Jehova to write "Imagine", one of the most important songs in modern history.

• KW13
    KW13

It's not far fetched really, its quite possible the idea of such a cult inspired him to go and write a song against religion.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Imagine theres no heaven

no one knocking on your door

No hell benethe us and no Kingdom Hall

Imagine all the people living life as one..

Imagaine no disfellowship... I wonder if you can

No need for elders a brotherhood of Man

• bigmouth
  • bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yep, exactly the same story got as far as NZ.

JW's have always overstated their impact on 'the whole inhabited earth'. It's as true as the snope about the two big guys protecting the sister from the rapist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Imagine No Jehovah`s Witness`s..

Knocking on your Door ..

http://www.teesforall.com/images/John_Lennon_Imagine_Face_Black_Shirt.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sing it Outlaw !!!!!!!!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I heard the one about the sister and the rapist. Also the one about the 5th Dan karate expert brother who did somebody's return visit for them, was asked in and surrounded by 10 guys with baseball bats, and he beat the snot out of all of them. They're all urban Dub legends. I remember hearing one about some Dubs who called on Winston Churchill, and he invited them in and had an hour long conversation. I think Churchill would've been more inclined to say 'Release the hounds...'

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Totally ridiculous. JWs is a religion. It became a religion when it found out that being a religion creates certain tax benefits. Forget the statement "Religion is a Snare and a Racket."

I remember talking to a bethel elder once stating that the only good thing coming out of JW is the statement is that Religion is a Snare and a Racket. He was quick to point out that that only applies to false religion.

If John Lennon had any thought of the JW religion he had this religion front and center with the statement in Imagine about no religion.

This is insulting and makes me very angry. And I thought that JWs don't celibrate birthdays. Why do they bring this up at his 70th birthday. Shouldn't they be afraid that some one will lose their head?

• cofty
    cofty

One of the most inspirational songs ever.

(Its sentiments could hardly be further removed from the WT mindset)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit