John Lennon and JW... (...a credible source)

by Confucious 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

The JW religion is a boastful one, don't believe it look at their literature

they want to take credit for everything.

1) We ar the only "true" religion

2) you can spot us by the fruitage

3) brag, brag, brag

• JeffT
    JeffT

I will file this one next to reports that Glen Campbell was baptized at the 1973 international convention in Vancouver BC.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

But listening to the song tonight - I could see how it could be possible.

Oh brother someone has been going to the Kingdom Hall of stupidity.

JWS have tried to attach themselves to celebrities to bring a measure of value to themselves.

What Lennon was expressing were humanistic values NOT spiritual or religious ones.

Unfortunately religions like the JWS scare people into contained ignorance.

Ask what they think humanism means and you'll get a blank stare on their faces.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would like to meet the dub that could hold his own with the cynical razor wit of the late John Lennon...If there was one thing about John, he disliked religion. Remember his line, "We are more popular than Jesus now" and "Jesus was alright but his disciples were thick and ordinary". When he wrote

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one"

it was a call to men to work together to achieve Word Peace, not a belief that God would do it..Even if he had received a witness from a J W, even if the germ of the idea of paradise started his creative process, he certainly had no belief in the Watchtower view of the future.

BTW - If I related this to the family they would say, "When he comes back in the resurrection we can ask him!"

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

John was all about Cults telling you what to think, wear, and Do... John was all about that!

The Mention of Stairway LOL ya the line... yes there are paths you can go by but in the long run there's still time to change the road your on

But play that same line backwards and you MUST BURN the ALBUM

• Satanus
    Satanus

For starters, confucious, the name of the high ranking jw.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Just to refresh everyones memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

wasnt he an atheist?

• wobble
    wobble

The story stinks of course, there is no way any JW could have convinced Lennon that their beliefs were anything but looney, had he learned anything about them he would have put them at the top of the religions to have been no more.

In the film/documentary that features Imagine a hobo type is welcomed, and fed I seem to remember, by Lennon, not a religious nut.

• steve2
    steve2

Confuscious say, "After centuries of dispensing pearls of wisdom, I thought I'd toss you a real dumb one."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit