DA'd youth... How did your parents respond?

by bottleofwater 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I'm wondering how any of your parents responded when you disassociated yourself with a letter.

Should I do so? I'm wondering how my parents will react since I'm moving in with my uncle just in time.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You question is too open, tell us a little more - what are your circumstances?

• Open mind
    Open mind

In a previous thread bottleofwater revealed, if I remember correctly, that he is 18, baptized, regular pioneer, and let's see, there was one other inconsequential detail. What was it?

Oh yeah, he happens to be gay.

It's his idea to move in with his uncle and get away from his parents. (Dad is COBOE.)

How'd I do bottleofwater?

om

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hey , how did the meeting with the Inquesition go ? I thought that was last night ?

DA people get treated just like DF people ,FYI

• noni1974
    noni1974

I was 23 when I DA ed. I was still living at home with my parents. Nothing much changed except I spent a lot of time away from home. My parents were not super dubs though. They were upset but they got over it pretty quick.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Open mind: you're right except that I'm 19.

I'm not sure if my uncle wants to keep me longer than one week.

By the way, I've been offered a job at Pret A Manger in Manhattan. Should I go to the interview?

• Open mind
    Open mind

bottleofwater:

"I've been offered a job at Pret A Manger in Manhattan. Should I go to the interview?"

I discount about 99% of what's in the Bible, but here's a kernel of corn you might want to consider:

"Each one will carry his own load."

You're very new here so we really don't have much of a clue about your circumstances, background, personality, etc.

For example, when you said you were moving in with your uncle, I thought "sweet", you've got some breathing room.

Now you tell us it's only for a week. The pressure of making ends meet in this economy especially as a young person should not be underestimated. On the flip side, we don't know how crazy-making your home situation is.

Share a bit more and perhaps we can offer some more advice worth the full 2 cents.

om

• nelly136
    nelly136

**I'm not sure if my uncle wants to keep me longer than one week.**

i really would get that clarified or have further plans for a roof before you throw in the letter,

its one thing leaving (and thats not easy), its another thing ending up homeless with no where to go.

preperation and being able to support yourself is a must. if you've been offered a job as a manager then that would be woth investigating, especially i there may be help with finding accomodation attached or at least enough money to support yourself in finding somewhere.

there is no shame in delaying if it gives you a little time to make sure your bases are covered.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I shredded the letter since I realized that I was only going to stay for a week. Though I have the original document still saved.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Is it possible for you to fade for a while before you DA? You sound as though you need to get into a position where you are able to support yourself financially before going for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit