a reasonable question to any elder/members

by bigmac 88 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was an elder when I awoke and saw it all for what it is..

If I had dropped all of it "cold turkey" then I would have have been prey to too many searching questions from the family and the other elders. I felt it wiser to prepare the way, sow seeds, let them know that I was "having problems" "I cannot reconcile the beliefs anymore" etc....During these months I had to carry on and I felt terrible. The worst kind of person is a hypocrite, and that is what I was .

As soon as believable, I wrote a letter of resignation and held firm to the decision despite their attempts to dissuade me (funny how they did not mind my stated disbelief, I was still wanted on the body) ..When the C/O came he wanted me off anyway, so I was free of all the hassle...I was off the treadmill and I felt GREAT !..I still had my marriage intact and am not d/f'd so I count that as a successful strategy

• yknot
    yknot

Cantleave

I wanna move to your old congo....

Exact opposite in mine.... we even have Elders who stepped-down (70s+) who act as Emergency Elders..

Qualifications can be waved fast if the CO discerns trouble too.....

I think things have to be handled discreetly..... if he just stepsdown and stays the impact is lessened and if not over 'good' reasons then the CO and other Elders watch him for signs of apostasy......... much like Legal saw the benefits of NGO membership I too see in remaining an Elder/MS until exiting is possible.

An Elder who stepsdown and leaves with his family does more then the Elder who stepsdown and spends the next year or two as a R&F. (remember you have quite a 'gem' in Nugget....other JWwives take more time to rouse from slumber)

Either way...... each man must make his own way and I support his decision 100%

• cantleave
    cantleave

BB - Yes that was basically my strategy - it took about 8 months from waking up to resigning without too much consequence. But I asked to limit my elder activity almost immediately, blaming personal and work commitments.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ y knot: you wrote"

Up until Oct 3, 2010 it was called 'MTS' (Ministerial Training School) now it is Bible School for Single Brothers (BSSB) (sounds way less official if mentioned in court)

Thousands of men have been trained through it (many post here). If 1000 Elders stepdown in my state in a unified exit they would be replaced by next Sunday by many eager MSs and MTSgrads"

i had no idea of any of this

i only found out the other day about this "conscious class" thing--at 1st glance i assumed it was WT phrase.

i wonder whether the WT got their ideas from a Waffen SS training manual.

• little witch
    little witch

Misery,

I only read your first few sentences, then I realized that you are a disrespectful, rude person and chose to ignore you.

Good day.

LW

• little witch
    little witch

Blues,

Thanks for an honest answer and opinion. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I do kinda think that at some point, an enlightened elder could use his experience to make subtle hints to the congo when they feel brave and ready.

I would also like to add this generally...I have repeadedly stated on this thread that the I seek explaination and dialogue from elders or former elders. I have been honest and open with my questions and concerns. I went a little over by giving a glimpse of my personal life to let folks know that I am not a trouble maker or troll on the board, and have had been insulted and attacked. Yes, I am a big girl and what not, but the point is this....only elders have attacked me and treated me with disrespect on this thread with the exception of Blues. Thanks again bro, for actually responding to my questions and fears. I appreciate it.

LW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cantleave

I wanna move to your old congo...

Trust me Ynot - you would rather stick pins in your eyes. The elders that remain are wishy washy expect the CoBE and his sidekick, who rule the congregation with an iron fist, and to benefit themselves. They think they and their families are something special and the rest of the congregation are there to serve them.

• little witch
    little witch

cant

Thank you for your input. It has been in my mind that an elder, any elder, could limit himself, or step down without difficutly.. "thanks brothers, for your consideration, but .........

lw

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery,

I only read your first few sentences, then I realized that you are a disrespectful, rude person and chose to ignore you.

Good day.

LW

It costs you nothing, pay me no mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit