Getting a lesson in political correctness

by keyser soze 22 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've just been informed that it's inappropriate to refer to a Hispanic person as Mexican, even if they actually are from Mexico. I really wasn't aware of this until now.

What should I do if I come across a person from Canada? Is there a less offensive term than "Canadian" that I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Canadiens?

Syl

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Snowbird

Leave HOCKEY out of this

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Where's Mary?

Syl

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

"What should I do if I come across a person from Canada? Is there a less offensive term than "Canadian" that I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated."

Canuckleheads?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What up, essay????

Stupidest fuggin sh*t I have read in a while.

Don't call white people WHITE, call dem HONKEYS!!!!

- Wing Commander

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Far Northern Americans?

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL!

Syl

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is the shame of identifying one's point of origin? If people gave less of a fxxx about partitioning rights by categories, and more about individual rights, these things wouldn't matter so much. A person from Mexico is an individual, and as such should be granted individual rights. The same for one that is from the US, or from Russia, or South Africa, or Canada, or England. This also goes for gay people. They are individuals, and should thus be given individual rights instead of "gay rights". Which applies to straight people. And black people--"individual rights" applies equally to black, white, and Asian people.

Or, we can succumb to "political correctness", totally strip us of individual rights, and end up existing in a collectivist state. Reverse discrimination will be widespread. People will have zero freedom of speech, because they might offend someone by using a term that actually should not even be offensive. We can also lose all our holidays, because someone will be offended. Even holidays like Eid Al Fitr, which Muslims like Osama Obama observe, might offend the one person that doesn't want to accept it--and be banned like Christmas seems to be going. Ultimately, it will end up as a total tyranny, where you will have to observe state-ordered days and be prevented from observing anything else.

• Mary
    Mary
    keyser said: What should I do if I come across a person from Canada? Is there a less offensive term than "Canadian" that I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated

We really get insulted when travelling to other countries and people mistake us for Americans or damn Yankees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit