Did you feel you missed out as a JW kid/teenager?

by BlackTwisted 12 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

The JW I studied with had never wrapped a present to give to her children. Yeah she bought them stuff, just never wrapped it.

When the mind control took hold and we got baptised we always celebrated our w/anniversary and the girls had loads of stuff all wrapped and tagged. We loved it.

I never left them at school either when they had the christmas parties. They were taken out of school a week before and so enjoyed an extended holiday.

Still kept them in a bloomin' cult though didn't I.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Haha!! Your mom is a BI-Sexual JW, and they wouldn't let you do what you wanted? Can you say, HYPOCRITES???

i didn't state my mom was a JW,nor her GF, her GF was a hypocrite, my mom, on the other hand wasn't, she never restricted me from much stuff and i said WAS as in, years ago...people need to read the whole story before post responses >_>

but then agian, your right...it was a f***ed up situation! O_o

@white dove: omg, i am sorry, i feel your part of the pain, i used to do that cause of jill (not her real name but i do respect not to give out her personal name) so i am with you, just not to do anything over some stupid rules is just...grr..just...SMH.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yes, I missed out on a lot. Holidays, true friendships, relationships with worldly family members...

Thankfully as an adult, I'm able to participate in all of those things and I guess maybe I appreciate them moreso, knowing what I didn't have then...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit