Active posters: What education have you had, what degrees do you possess?

by EndofMysteries 76 Replies latest jw friends

• floriferous
    floriferous

Anyway EndofMysteries......why all the willy waggling?

• done4good
    done4good

Bachelor of Science - Telecommunications Management, 1994 (Was a very fortunate dub to have friends that were liberal enough to assist and push me to get this education, many friends from the time no so fortunate).

M.Eng (Master of Engineering) - Networked Information Systems, 2015

Plan to work on PhD in electrical engineering/computer science next year.

d4g

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Just went back to school after being disfellowshipped 5 years ago and filing for divorce from a 25 year marriage last June. Went back to school at the ripe old age of 43. First to get my GED last summer, now attending a community college to get my associate's degree then on to the university for a bachelor's degree...perhaps a master's and while I am at it...maybe PhD!! lol I LOVE being in school and am soaking it all in as I go!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    confuzzlediam, good for you!

It's never to let to be what you might have been! - George Eliot

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Oubliette Thank you!! It has been an enlightening year for sure!!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

confuzzlediam: I was in my 40s when I returned to school. I already had an AA. I went to a local community college to pick up some missing transfer credits, then I went to university to get my BA.

I'm now finishing up my Master's.

It's empowering!

The experiences of others on this forum have been encouraging. I hope to be an example to others as well!

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore
    I started college the year I started studying. Was persuaded by the idiots I studied with that it was wrong so I dropped out after one semester. I was 19. At the age of 54 and disfellowshipped I went back and got my Bachelor's degree. Better late than never. Although I don't have anything to be bitter about, my Dad was not a witness and he gave me a great start in my career when I was 23.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit