Active posters: What education have you had, what degrees do you possess?

by EndofMysteries 76 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

From so many posts and conversations on here, you'd think over 1/2 the posters here possess doctorates in Theology, Physics, Biology, etc. I'm curious aside from the books and research people have done here, what degrees they have.

To start, I just got an AA and going straight through full time to an MBA. (Masters Business Administration) Classes in my AA related to many conversation topics would be World Religion, Astronomy, and Biology as part of the general education requirements.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Zilch
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

The graduate with a science degree ask, "why does it work?.

The graduate with an engineering degree ask "how does it work"?

The graduate with a management degree ask "how much will it cost"?

I was lucky to get a theology degree from the WT, so what will I ask "Do

you want fries with that"?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Associate Arts Degree, State College of Florida

Bachelor of Science Business Administration, University of South Florida

Bachelor of Science Health Informatics, Western Governor University (I have 11 units left, and two internship requirements remaining) ~ January 2016

I start on my BSN program this August at USF. I plan to complete a Masters around 2019 in acute care.

I also have 7 certifications in Information systems and Health care.

Though I think credentials are important and add weight to a person's argument, I also think a well read person with life experience is just as qualified. For example, I don't know cofty's education, but he knows more about evolution, abiogenesis, religion, and philosophy than me, even though I've taken multiple college level biology courses. He is well read from what I can tell. Though I don't agree with him on some points or others on this board, I don't dismiss them because of some lack of college degree.

• Tapioca
    Tapioca
    As I was fading, I went to college, so I did the BS, MBA, and doctoral route. I would encourage everyone to adopt the attitude of being a life-long learner.
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Graduate of the University of Hard Knocks, Faculty of Life. The course is still running and has lasted for 74 years so far.

Doug

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

BS in Aquatic Biology. Returned to the univ recently and have 3 years in Arabic and Spanish, I don't know if I will continue at the univ or online. Went to New York Institute of Photography for 2 years.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's great to read about all these qualified people.

I myself haven't got a degree ... yet.

I hope to graduate this summer. If you guys can do it then so can I.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have a BS in accounting from SIU Carbondale vintage 1992. I got my degree long before I became a dub, so the borg's phobia about higher education was not a factor in my life

• JeffT
    JeffT
    BA in English and a college level certificate in Business Managment/Accounting, plus course work in business law, HR, real estate management, economics, finance and investment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit