Active posters: What education have you had, what degrees do you possess?

by EndofMysteries 76 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter
    BA Business Administration; some credits on MBA
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nothing.

I spent my life in "sales".

Two mags for 50c.

Doc

• hoser
    hoser
    I got kicked out of school when I was 17 so therefore I have no degree. I am an entrepreneur. I have a couple of businesses.
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Many christians who have a Ph.D. in theology use this degree to propagate lies with a scholarly language. Nothing more.
  • yodastar
    yodastar
    I got an AA too but I still really love red wine. It's so not about letters after your name it's about life experience.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have just completed the Advanced Diploma course in Electrical Engineering, which is about the most a busted-@$$ electrician of over sixty years of age can aspire to do!

Bill.

• scary21
    scary21

I am very proud to say I have a GED...lol I was also a licensed EMT but never worked in the field (long story)

I have to laugh sometimes because my husband has a masters and is a PE in chemical engineering .

He didn't marry me for my linear calculus skills that's for sure.

Thanks to my avid reading and the things I learn from people on this site I am getting smarter all the time.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I got 10 O levels - don't know if they are even still a thing in the UK anymore?

They call them GCSEs now Simon. Ten! You are a clever clogs.

I did an Open University degree and achieved a Bachelor of Science studying History, History of Science and Computing.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I read the Awake for 40+ years. I have way too many degrees to even begin to list here.......
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

adjusted knowledge: Though I think credentials are important and add weight to a person's argument, I also think a well read person with life experience is just as qualified

I disagree. Although it can be true. The problem is that where are they getting their reading material? Is it an accredited source of information? Matt Damon was well read in that movie {good will hunting], in that rare case, Matt was just as qualified [or perhaps more so] than his Harvard U neighbors. Usually being well read in things like WTS biblical history does not qualify a person as being well read. Sorry, a degrees in any particular field by a legit source is the best way to go if you really want to know.

imho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit