No true Christian would stop having faith in Jesus

by cyberjesus 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I can't see youtube at the office... I don't suppose this is a TheraminTrees video, is it?

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for posting that. I was a born-again for about 10 years after leaving the borg.

Now when I mention to others that I used to be a christian and now am an atheist this is exactly the response I get every time.

I suppose it is disconcerting when somebody who "knows" leaves the group

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Sbc yes it is. do you like it?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Thinking back I always had doubts about the existence of Jesus but the fallacy argument was always, "You have to have faith". I can have faith that the moon is made of green cheese but it doesn't make it so. Good video.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are some excellent videos available on this subject. This is one of them.

• braveheart
    braveheart

Holly Moses..cyberjesus...that was deep...I enjoyed it.

It makes me want to study ...is the bible Gods Word...and who is the Real Jesus??

there is strength in you...I feel It! - BH

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

CJ, I'm a huge fan of TheraminTrees and QualiaSoup on YouTube. I want to say I posted a link to that same No True Scotsman vid on another thread recently but i'm not sure. Check out all their videos. They are brothers who were raised in a religious household and later became atheists. Incredible communicators, IMO.

QualiaSoup has some awesome vids independently of his bro, too: check out Critical Thinking, Open Mindedness, and Putting Faith in its Place.

This is a really good one that serves as an excellent metaphor for born-in dubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAIpRRZvnJg

(EDIT) Oops, yeah I already posted this one on another thread but not the No True Scotsman vid.

• whereami
    whereami

Thanks for posting this video cyberjesus. His and his brother videos helped me on my journey when I started to have doubts.

Great stuff.

• Chalam
    Chalam

cofty Thanks for posting that. I was a born-again for about 10 years after leaving the borg.

Now when I mention to others that I used to be a christian and now am an atheist this is exactly the response I get every time.

Here's the biblical response.

Hebrews 3:7-19 (New International Version)

Warning Against Unbelief
    7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    8 do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the desert,
    9 where your fathers tested and tried me
    and for forty years saw what I did.
    10 That is why I was angry with that generation,
    and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.'
    11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
    'They shall never enter my rest.' "

12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15 As has just been said:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion."

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Or you might prefer the parable of the prodigal son?

Luke 15:11-32

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit