relatively new

by TheLoveDoctor 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, LoveDoctor.

Along with Crisis of Conscience by our beloved Ray Franz (rest in peace) you will also want to read two books by Steven Hassan: Combatting Cult Mind Control and Releasing the Bonds. They might possibly be a great asset in getting your wife to listen. Take it slow! Giving her this information too fast will throw her into panic and defensive mode.

We're glad you're here.

Love,
    Baba.

• nelly136
    nelly136

welcome

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

welcome lovedoctor,

Well you've got balls & a brain to give up your hard fought status.

It sounds like you have invested a lot of effort in a community of people. To say goodbye to all that investment and start from scratch is a tough thing to do and may take a lot of time to build up friends outside the WTS.

You won't find a non-religious club that will be the same as being part of a JW congregation. That is because you have built up a lifetime of shared experiences with JW's where you've practiced love-bombing, been a spiritual guide to dozens of people trying to follow a moral code, believed you were doing a life saving preaching work for the creator with Satan as the enemy targeting you, not expecting to grow old but instead living forever. There's no tennis club that can compete with that?!

Instead what you will find after time at a normal club are people who have normal lives who may or may not want a beer after a game of tennis, but won't shun you if you choose to skip a year and come back next season. They won't judge you on how many times you turn up to the club if you get an injury or want to take a vacation. It will take time to get to know people because you won't be seeing them five times a week.

You say you're a people person so I'm sure you will find friends pretty soon. Maybe try and join clubs or do some courses that you may be interested in.

I faded over many years, ensured I was financially independent and had friends outside. By the time I stopped going to meetings there was no real control my family had on me.

welcome again

mmxiv

• LV101
    LV101

Love Doctor --- check out a meeting for ex-jehovahs witnesses. check online for a group in your zip code through the new posting on this website called broadroad.com or go onto meetup.com and you'll have a group. i think there are several people joining these groups.

NV1

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Welcome relatively new.

Leaving good friends is the hardest part. It's not that we are leaving them. It's they who don't want to hang out with us anymore if we are not living the WT lifestyle. So think of it that way. It's still hard, but you realize that is their rules, and their choice, not yours, but its' the price you pay for living a life of integrity for yourself. (They will tell you its the other way around, but don't believe it!)

The good news is, if you love people and are a people person, there are 7 billion other people on this planet to make friends with, many of whom will like you and want to be your friend even if you don't go to the Kingdom Hall. Start doing things you enjoy and you will start meeting them.

Cog

• caliber
    caliber

Welcome relatively new !

It's good to see so many new ones listening to their inner voice of common sense... just knowing something rotten in the state of Denmark !!

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

jehovahs-witnesses.net, culthelp.info, Randywallters.org, jwfacts.com, governingbodyletters.blogspot, sixscreensofthewatchtower.com, truthhistory.blogspot, jwbrothers.org, wtjournal.livejournal.com, christianwittnesses.com, pitn.net, singanewsong.com, jehovahs-witness.net

I read ....concept, another book by randy wallters on the history from russle to present, and one on mindcontrol

and I continue to stay informed. Just not sure how to break totaly free, though my mind is already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit