This site has made me more compassionate

by Red Piller 17 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

lionpaw, if this site is a waste of precious time, why are you here again?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You know, Red Piller, a website can't make you anything. Sure it can strip away delusions and lying propaganda, but only you can open your eyes to see it and take action to remove judgemental attitudes. Whatever compassion you feel has been there inside you all along.

V665

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Thanks for the good responses, all.

Nic - I know Lionpaw is on my side. I want out. He wants me out. I will get out at some point. Right now it is complicated. I would feel more like a hypocrite if this was a path I chose, not born into. so, no worries. If someone disagrees, well you know, everyone has a right to think what they want.

dark side - all here and those who never woke up are part of the same dysfunctional family. That's why I call everyone who's ever been subjected to this a brother or sister. but I get your point. And yes, for now, I choose to be stuck. It won't last forever.

Leaving - thanks for the link I'll check it out. I'm not getting a book right now - I want to say under the radar - in case someone would see it.

Lionpaw - I know you know. I'm not trying to educate anyone with new light. I was just sending out a thank you for those who really opened my eyes and helped me let go of resentments I had, dogpatch, blondie, lady lee, amongst others.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Red Piller -- Please check your PMs.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It has made me realize how very fearful I have been to examine my belief systems. I am a "born in" and have had it drilled into my head over the last six decades that reading apostate literature would send you to your everlasting destruction. You are trained, trained, and indoctrinated not to ever look hard at your own doubts. You just keep pushing them down....

Good luck to you on your journey. I am not in a position to leave yet either. Would that I could.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sadly, position is everything in the borg. When you read life stories in the WT, they always make a point to mention that a brother is an elder and the wonderful things he is doing. But position and status even in the WTS can easily go to ones head and make them feel better than others.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Congrats, and FYI steven hassan book is not an apostate book, is actually about mind control cults so it is a safe book to have around the house. Other books like Ray Franz's you can get on pdf so its safe too.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Red Pillar: Exiting is a process, and one with many potential setbacks. Just keep remembering you've seen the light, and perhaps some day you can show it to others by doing what is only natural - tell them you love them and that you have to leave them, and invite them with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit