This site has made me more compassionate

by Red Piller 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

I used to wonder, how people in "the truth" could do and say hurtful things. How could certain people be appointed elders? They were just kiss-asses or yes men. How could so many be judgemental and self-righteous. Why would friends dump me if it meant they would make elder faster? Is position that important?

Now knowing this is all a crazy cult has given me perspective. There isn't any kind of special calling or organization. It is made up of people, most of whom have serious personal or psychological issues. This Org has found the right formula to lure them in. From reading here, I've been able to see how cults use specialness in the form of labels and hierarchy to manipulate and control.

Now, while I am stuck going to meetings, I have a new way of seeing my brothers and sisters. They don't know what's being done to them and they let it drive them to worry about who is a servant and who isn't and who went out in service last Saturday and whose Watchtower is underlined. Nonsense that even a little light from the outside world could dispell and reveal for all its craziness and pettiness.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I used to wonder, how people in "the truth" could do and say hurtful things. How could certain people be appointed elders? They were just kiss-asses or yes men. How could so many be judgemental and self-righteous. Why would friends dump me if it meant they would make elder faster? Is position that important?

Now knowing this is all a crazy cult has given me perspective. There isn't any kind of special calling or organization. It is made up of people, most of whom have serious personal or psychological issues. This Org has found the right formula to lure them in. From reading here, I've been able to see how cults use specialness in the form of labels and hierarchy to manipulate and control.

Now, while I am stuck going to meetings, I have a new way of seeing my brothers and sisters. They don't know what's being done to them and they let it drive them to worry about who is a servant and who isn't and who went out in service last Saturday and whose Watchtower is underlined. Nonsense that even a little light from the outside world could dispell and reveal for all its craziness and pettiness.

I agree with everything but your last paragraph. You aren't stuck unless you chose to be. Jehovah's Witnesses are not your brothers and sisters

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

red piller,

who wispered this little bit of 'light' into your ear?

better question, how much does the ball and chain weigh? or is it attached to the wall of your kh? lol!!

if u've seen the light, why arent u running for ur life toward it?

try this, get out and DONT LOOK BACK ! DONT GIVE THIS ORGANIZATION ANOTHER MINUTE OF YOUR PRECIOUS LIFE!

forget u were ever involved with it. dont waste precious time posting your 'incredible journey to freedom' here either, we know the story already by heart.....

come precious...just do it, dont think about it!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Got ourselves a new little tantrum tot with delusions of adequacy. Best to just ignore the little fella.

Nic'

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Red Piller - its sad isnt it...seeing whats really going on in the Org and coming to terms with it?

Please ignore Lionpaw, who incidentally is very new here himself, in fact hasnt been around for a week yet (!) and you carry on and post away about your journey...thats what the site is for.

You will find support and encouragement on here and plenty of fellow feeling since we've all had to suffer many similar feelings and experiences.

Compassion is a good thing, Jesus had it in abundance.

Loz x

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Red Piller I agree with Loz compassion and lots of it is needed on our journey out. When hubby and I were in we could never understand how the elders would keep attending these large EL and MS meetings and come back and be more judgemental and self Arighteous each time. Treat the flock with no tenderness but harsheness instead.

Until hubby became appointed and attended one it all slotted into place he realised this is what they encourage and promote. Expressions such as [brothers are not worth their salt] blah blah. They instill a judgemental attitude within them, what a wake up call.

what happened to , THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE John 8.32 and MY YOKE IS KINDLY AND MY LOAD IS LIGHT . jOHN11.30

Who said being a christian was easy, JESUS certainly didn't, but treating people as CHRIST would do is a world away from what the WT.org teaches. On the surface the wt. may at times appear to talk the talk,but seldoms walk the walk, and when the info get filtered down to the shop floor to the rank and file , well say no more! ' BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS ATTITUDE COMES RIGHT FROM THE TOP' from the GB to the writing commitee downwards. This is not what Christianity is all about and was one of many many issues and concerns why we eventually walked away.

They bind heavy loads on men. ' Woe to you scribes and pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut up the kingdom of heavens before men, for you yourselves do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way to go in. Woe to you scribes and pharisees hypocrites! because you traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one you make him a subject for gehenna twice as much as you yourselves. ' MTT 23 v 13-15 NWT. If you follow the watchtower you will be in a world of hurt follow Christs teachings and not mens and you will be set free and you will find the strenghth to get out.

Legalistic religions such as JW's, Mormons, Scientologists and other similar cults always promote a distorted reward system and a consequence of failure a million miles away from true Christianity. Legalistic cults that rely on policies and procedures rather than Christian freedom which just enslaves people and go into a form of sleeping sickness where they can no longer think for themselves in fear of retribution.

A Scripture the watchtower never like to use in connection with the 'rank and file' is Romans 8 v 1 'Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation.' NWT. So what they are actually saying is 'you have no part with Christ' , 'This Scripture does not apply to you' , 'Christ is not your mediator', and that is why they need policies and procedures to keep you under control.

1Tim 2 v 5 'There is one God and one mediator between God and men the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all men.' NIV

All people that Christ identifies as Christians today are in the new covenant as the Jews were in the old covenant. Ex 34 v 27 NIV

Keep reading the Bible and ask for Gods Spirit and let his word speak to you, you do not have to go through and organisation or men, the GB are not moses or Christ.

I wish you all the best in your exedus out [LET MY PEOPLE GO] EX. 5 v l.

RosePetal

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

red pillar

on the contrary sweetie, im in accord w/you. and all your friends here. 'tis true, the watchtower org. is a wasphive full of lying cheating pedophile 'trooph' claiming imbeciles.

you havent heard or seen anything yet...wait til your eyes are FULLY open, then the entire truth will be revealed. the faithfull discreet slave, 1914, the 144000, the preaching, the false hope, and even armageddon, ...you dont know how happy we are that you've given us an opportunity

to remove the veil from your eyes. we cherish the honor...

so begins the ecstacy-inducing journey from SLAVERY to bright and glorious freedom!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Red Piller:

Based upon your comments here, I think you'd enjoy reading Steve Hassan's first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'.

The thread below at JWR reveals some of the highlights, from a JW perspective:

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=737

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Red Piller: Fantastic post - I agree with your take 100%.

• lionpaw
    lionpaw

nicolau -

tsk, tsk, tsk

now, now, dont pull a watchtower and start warning left and right of the dangers of listening to those with 'open minds'....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit