Do JW elders perform exorcisms?

by QuestioningEverything 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He personally knows a JW girl with mental issues who her parents had the elders attempt to exorcise.

They Pray and look for Garage Sale Items to Destroy..

It`s all very Scientific..

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/eloper/A9400-Witch-Doctor-Hat-with-Dreads-large.jpg

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Clambake
    Clambake

Sorry for the bump

I read what Blondie wrote but still don't understand the WTS official line on exorcism.

We are not suppose to do it , so what happened when a JW is possessed by a demon.

Take them into field service ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

We are not suppose to do it , so what happened when a JW is possessed by a demon. Take them into field service ?

You know the answer...

More Prayer

More Study

More Field Service .......

.......and probably more contributions wouldn't go amiss

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    When I was a kid in the 70's in Puerto Rico, I witnessed a number of "exorcisms". Typically, it started with someone getting "weird vibes" about something in their home. Which they usually identified as demons. In reality the origin of these was someone having "night-terrors" or some mental/emotional issue. The elders would come over, make a bonfire, pray, burn just about everything they owned, and pray over them until they broke down into a heap. Welcome to the 15th century!
  • DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    JW exorcism: they'd bore the demons away.
  • blondie
    blondie

procedures I have see to help someone "plagued" by demons in the WTS.

1) Scour your home for possible demonized objects, books on demonism, Ouija boards, etc. Individual jws do get extreme saying not to buy used stuff (except used cards, ha); don't watch demonized movies, games, etc. Stay away from mind-altering drugs.

2) Pray out loud to God using his name Jehovah. Have someone in the congregation pray for you using Jehovah's name.

The WTS says God's name is a protection, like a strong tower. Any jw who goes beyond this is not following official written directions from headquarters.

• zeb
    zeb

The were often demon type accounts talked about in my early wt days.

Tell me this if you fail to pay your exorcist does this mean you will get repossessed?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I think scripture indicates that you cast out demons in the name of Jesus. It is the power of his name..not the power of the name Jehovah.

just thinking I read that somewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit