What's your pet-hate Witnessisms? Mine is 'in the truth'. Blegh!!

by oldlightnewshite 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Jewel
    Jewel

When my son (now 18) was a kid (maybe 9??) we went to a funeral. The elder kept talking about "the flock", "Jesus the loving shepherd", "Christ's sheep". My son whispers, "Why do they keep talking about sheep?" "The Bible compares Jesus to a shepherd and his followers to sheep quite a bit," I answer. Little pause and he whispers back, "Don't they know how STUPID sheep are?"

NOTE: It's NOt appropriate to start laughing at a funeral. Had to try to turn it into a cough...

Jewel

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I have always hated when brothers added in opening prayers "Jehovah, blah, blah, in your care and keeping". My recently disfellowshipped brother-in-law used this in EVERY prayer.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I also hate the terms "fleshly sister/fleshly brother. What the heck is that?

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

there was a time when a right-hearted brother like myself would reach out for more privliges in gods service seeking bible truths from the faithfull slave class. along with my fleshly family i would listen attentively to the shepards prepare spiritual food from the platform, sometimes feeding on "new light" from gods organization. that would give me the pioneer spirit to increase my activity in jehovahs service. the problem with all of this spiritual feeding is the bible based publications or bible aids are misleading and incorrect in biblical doctrine. this has caused me to become spiritually weak and has aroused critical thinking which evidently has led me to deny the governing body is gods channel and after many months of spiritual inactivity i have some bad assosiates for worldly friends and now some of my former brothers and sisters view me as an APOSTATE, that one i kind of like

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

• "Worldly" that's what my mom calls me and my sister....lol... What a way she shows her love.
    • "Sister" & "Brother"
    • "If you want to be one of Jesus' "sheep," you must listen to the Kingdom message and act on what you learn."
    • "The good news"
    • "Stricken spirit"
    • "The complete suit of armor"
    • "The helmet of salvation"

It goes on and on...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

"The complete suit of armor"
      "The helmet of salvation"
    • And the steel plated chastity belt of virginity...

Oh. That's not a real witness-ism you say? Not in the Bible? Sorry. Totally random brain fart there. Carry on...

V665V665

• elm
    elm

I've always hated the words Field service...Return visits......preaching work. Make it your goal to start a home bible study.

• seawolf
    seawolf

"The Truth" always annoyed me and throw in the term "JAH" along with it. "Spiritual Food" always made me choke everytime I heard it, which reminds me this thread is definitely spiritual food at the proper time since I was just thinking about it!

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Timely counsel

Fear of Man!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit