What's your pet-hate Witnessisms? Mine is 'in the truth'. Blegh!!

by oldlightnewshite 58 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have to say that its " the truth".

Considering how much "the truth" keeps changing, oops, I don'tmean chainging I mean "getting brighter".

I guess that's another one too, "getting brighter"...freaking truth on a dimmer switch.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Field Service

Turning in your time.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

We are in the spiritual paradise.

Abundance of spiritual food.

SF

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

"Last days"

"End of this system of things"

Sounds like an Arnold Swartzenegger movie.

• Ding
    Ding

As someone once said, "Christians are looking forward to seeing Jesus; the Watchtower is looking forward to seeing Armageddon."

• gutted
    gutted

"We missed you at the meeting"

• watersprout
    watersprout
    "We missed you at the meeting"

Yep i hated that one...I had someone say that to me when i had missed quite a few meetings...I retorted with ''well you know where i live''...They were tongue tied to say the least! LOL

Peace and light

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Might sound strange but being called 'brother' bugged me. My name is not 'brother 3Mozzies' it's just '3Mozzies'. I hated things that sounded religious (such as brother).

Aahhh I hated singing those crappy 'Kingdom Melodies' made me feel like I was part of a dorky church group!

'The Faithful Slave' turned (and still turns) my stomach!

3Mozzies

• Quentin
    Quentin

Upon reflection there was one, my dad wore it out, un-theocartic....He applied that to ALL my jw friends. Not a word about "worldly" people. Never understood my Da....never....

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

How about when people shorten "the faithful and discreet slave" to just "The Slave"? It sounds so retarded. There's nothing like being out with some black JWs and someone starts up with "the slave says...," and I'm thinking yeah that doesn't sound stupid at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit