Do JW's (and uppity-christians in general) walk around with a false sense of accomplishment?

by Joliette 14 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Some Christians might be that way. But the ones that really "get it" know that they are in a pitiful situation. They are gratefull that they have been given the gift of grace and know that they didn't deserve it, nor could they ever deserve it.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, that kinda thing can get to you, if you play the compare or "who is the better person" game. Once u let go, these and any people like that are unknowing pawns in a game they're really unaware of, sadly. But one can find amusement instead of chagrin, if one so desires.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

I think they act uppity because they think they are the only ones that know the "truth." I know my mom does.

• dozy
    dozy

Do JW's (and uppity-christians in general) walk around with a false sense of accomplishment?

Do bears poop in the woods?! Listening to some of the GB's talks (in particular , Splane's talk slagging off other "anointed" as causing all the trouble in the congregation and promoting himself) shows that this attitude is endemic amongst JWs going right to the top. Having said that , there are some truly humble , meek people but not too many. It is , as others have said , very much a "visible works" religion.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Hell yea! That's why I resisted in the Borg for 2 years. I had the Truth, I went to all the meetings, I carried the brothers into field service with my car (for free), I was frequently asked to tend the microphones and to serve as a "bouncer"...a typical MS material. That is a powerful drug, beeing able to sniff more power in the air...it makes you feel accomplished.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit