Did You Aspire To Be An Elder Or Did You Want A Relative or Friend To Be One?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

poor Mag. Now you're footloose and fancy free!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Oh Minimus!! you're footloose and fancy free!

FREEDOM IS SO SWEET!!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'd like to have the power to resurrect Jaracz or Rutherford as a young man in their physical prime. Then I'd go toe to toe with either or both in the middle of the street. I'd whip the skin off of JAracz right in front of Melita.

ROFL!!!

I. Am. Scared. Of. You.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

Snowbird, LOL!

• The Finger
    The Finger

No! I dreaded it from childhood even before the elder arrangement.

• minimus
    minimus

They want "trained" men to use, abuse and discard. Ask the old time Bethelites !

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Regular Pioneer. Did that. When I was a Regular Pioneer, I wanted to be a MS. Never got there. Last year when I was 'reaching out' I wanted to be a MS again. Never happened, in fact the whole fiasco of them recommending me and then being put on hold because it was too soon from my reinstatement made me realize that I was just another piece of meat in the org.

1 year later I am irregular, low hour (i.e. fake 2 hr reports) and about to be inactive. The org can kiss my ass.

• minimus
    minimus

Good Soldier.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

When I became an elder I started opening my eyes! Now I could see all the bullshit!

Everything starting going down hill from there on. Seeing the politics, nepotism and corruption from within was an eye-opener.

I knew they didn;t have any holy spirit, it was just like any other earthly organization run by men!

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

I wanted to be in charge. Being godlike in the congregation was an enticing thought. I could control people's lives. Then, I found out how it really works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit