Do Any of you JWs watch anime?

by BlackTwisted 21 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I guess I used to be (until the last post)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

yea I love anime! two favorites: apple seed and ninja scroll (i think that was it) not for kids of course

You beat me to it, mentioning Ninja Scroll. That anime is better than a lot of critically acclaimed movies!! I was a teenager when I first peeped that, my jaw was on the floor. I couldn't believe animation like that existed!!! Looking back we actually were exposed to anime long before we knew it with Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets(Gatchaman), Robotech which Gundam got its influences from, and even Voltron. They just didn't call it anime in the States back then. Fatal Fury, and the Street Figher animes were awesome too. Trying to rack my brain for other must-sees..... I never like the Apple Seed series and its many incarnations, it just didn't do anything for me.

• elderelite
    elderelite

i didn't realize apple seed was a serise. I've only seen one.. how about ghost in the shell..? only seen one of them but I know there's more..

ninja scroll was DEEP...lol..

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

i didn't realize apple seed was a serise. I've only seen one.. how about ghost in the shell..? only seen one of them but I know there's more..

ninja scroll was DEEP...lol..

I had to go to Wiki to make sure my memory on Apple Seed was right but yeah. There's an OVA from 1988", a CGI film in 2004, and a sequel to the CGI in 2007. I could have sworn there was a series too, but I must be getting it confused with something else.

Ninja Scroll was deep LOL. I'd definately say it leaves an impression.

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I watched Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Elfen Lied, and Naruto! Kinda saw an anime about some photographer that can blow things up with his camera? I forgot the name of it though

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I've read all the Naruto mangas thus far. It's a damn long series. I also used to watch Inuyasha, watched all of Cowboy Bebop (awsome), all of Trigun (pretty wicked too), some Full Metal Alchemist and just about anything that showed up on Adult Swim.

I don't know if the Boondocks is considered anime (sure looks like it) but it's really funny.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Gatchaman

Witchblade

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i've got kids so i gotta watch pokemon, dragonball and the one where the lions combine

• afreeman
    afreeman

I've seen some. Mostly Pokémon, Dragonball, Death Note, and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Not really. The few I have watched i have liked.

...And then there's Ninja Scroll. i actually liked it so much that I got a half sleeve on my right arm of Jubei

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit