Do Any of you JWs watch anime?

by BlackTwisted 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

If so, what is your favorite one?

one of my friends said she couldn't watch anime because of where it was orginated and it was a tradition, if that were true, then EVERYONE in japan would be drawing anime of "tradition" like what the heck? since when did drawing ever became a tradition? drawing is for fun and interest. not for traditions, can anyone tell me if this is true btw?

my fave animes: super GALS!, Nana, mostly shoujo animes ^_^

What's yours?

btw, i am new here ^_^

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Well, as an X-JW, I can say, Yes. Neon Genesis Evangelion is my fave.

• JustKeepLiving
    JustKeepLiving

I watch some, though I read the mangas more. Black Lagoon's probably my fave right now.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome, BlackTwisted! I've always enjoyed anime but never really got into it as a fan. I don't remember most of the titles I've seen. I liked Akira...that was several years ago.

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Okay, thanks, but is anime a drawing tradition really? O_o

and also..can anyone tell me how to change my profile pic? i don't see a button or a link or anything on how to...haha i know, pretty silly of me asking this xD

• elderelite
    elderelite

oh yea I love anime! two favorites: apple seed and ninja scroll (i think that was it) not for kids of course

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I grew up on anime and tokusatsu (Kikaida! Ultraman!) shows that were on TV in the 1970s, I loved Astroboy (= Mighty Atom) and Kimba the White Lion (= Jungle Taitei), and of course Star Blazers (= Space Battleship Yamato). I watched a lot of shojo anime in the '90s but honestly forgot what most of them were; I was also into doramas, especially Angry Innocence (= Ienakiko), one of my favorite shows ever. I like Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, and some other recent stuff but honestly I lost touch with anime in the last decade and haven't seen much....I keep meaning to watch Naruto. :/ I do go to the Tokyo Anime Center every time I am in Akiba; I got a nice Osamu Tezuka t-shirt there.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Look at you Leolaia!!! I was hooked for a while on initial -D (best story telling ever) but growing up star blazers was my FAVORITE show!!! every episode ended the same way.. "wave motion gun".. great stuff!!!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I have always been cool. Therefore, I have NEVER watched anime.

• elderelite
    elderelite

its uncool to proclaim yourself "cool"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit