Have you ever had " a moment of clarity"?

by elderelite 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderelite
    elderelite

..? These moments are something that not eveyone has experianced, but if you have they are with you every day. A true moment of clarity is not something you live once. You live it every time you think of it. It is a moment so profound it changes you, not just in that insant, but in every instant you recall it. It's effect dosent deminish over time. Its a moment you are able to live over and over..

For some it may be the birth of your first child, for some the first time you saw your S/O.. there are infinate possiblities.. have you had such a moment.. would you share?

• tec
    tec

I've had a few moments of clarity. But then, they just become part of me and I don't really think about them anymore... well, except for one. So maybe THAT is the moment of clarity you're speaking about?

Tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

Indeed, tammy, you got it. There are moments that are profound and that change us.. they are nice to remince about as well... but true moments of clarity.. that you never forget, are rare..

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

EE, I feel like a lame now, because I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to think of a life defining moment that put things in perspective, and I can't come up with anything.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not sure that this is what you mean , but...

I was a regular J W, with responsibilities and a standing in the cong. However some things had happened that bothered me and I saw that my "brothers" were no different, or worse than those I knew outside. I had some questions too about dates and chronology and why we still await the New World, and how a loving God could kill everybody??????

One day , I was at my desk at work and these thoughts played around in my mind when it just hit me like a bolt from the blue... "It' just not true ! [Eureka!] That was it, that was why things did not add up , none of it was true ! I had dared to think the unthinkable and arrived at a conclusion that has changed my life for good.

Since that moment I have never doubted that conclusion for one little bit.

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOL... its not meant to make anyone feel bad if they haven't exerianced such an event.. it may well be a matter of being open to it. for some we go through out day to day activites without thought or paying real attention to whats going on around us... a small example..

I work outside, every day all day. Days like today on the east coast when its raining are not the best but overall i wouldn't trade it. Well, one day I was working along side a crowded city street, just like any other. I noticed on the stop sign a spider web. At some point during the day a yellow jacket got caught and drew my attention. the spider was fairly large and rushed in and began to web up the yellow jacet. The jacket got lose and began to sting the spider, but with no effect. (i doubt he could peirce the spiders exoskeleton) the yellow jacket was enraged and kept attacking only to get ensnared again.. the spider webed him up only for the jacket to work free and begin attacking the spider again... this went on for over an hour.. I watched for as long as I possibly could (given that I something to do).. It was great to stand on a busy city street and watch the life and death dramma of a spider and a yellow jacket... this BTW is NOT a moment of clarity but rather an example of things we miss by not paying attention or being receptive to even small experiances that can have an affect on us

The point though is that i often think back to that spider and yellow jacket when I get angry over somthing and it seems as if it is going to turn into a self descructive cycle..

• Dagney
    Dagney

From my JWN Bio:

Biography: Left and never went back after a moment of clarity during a WT study seven years ago. I could not hear it one more minute; I didn't belong and wasn't good enough. It was never planned, and never in a million years would I have ever thought I would take such an action....

Thank goodness for moments like this.

• elderelite
    elderelite

BB.. that sounds excatly like a moment of clarity

• elderelite
    elderelite

*double post*

• elderelite
    elderelite

ahh.. but Dagney Please share what the moment was.. what was the WT... what caused the enlightenment.. it is unique for everyone and often is not in and of itself profound.. just in that moment it is to YOU..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit