Update re my counselling

by Lozhasleft 17 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I wish you all the best... Also to comfort in affirming your difficult journey and that 99% here have shared or are sharing

the whole array of emotions that you are feeling !!

• zoiks
    zoiks

Good for you, Loz! Please continue to keep us updated. (((Loz)))

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good for YOU, Loz!!

I hope you get a good one on the first try; I had to shop around a bit for my perfect - or almost perfect - therapist...

Zid

• flipper
    flipper

LOZHA- Good for you friend in getting counseling. Remember we care here on the board and you have friends ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks everyone....you're lovely people

Loz x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist during the year and it’s been a long haul. A year ago I was seeing another one, but like you, I had a young gal that didn’t seem experienced enough to deal with my problems. Nothing against young people straight from uni, but unless they have experience with these problems, I think the issues us exes are going through require someone with extensive experience.

Anyway, I’ve since found a very understanding (and experienced) therapist and I think I’ve become her pet project, lol. She’s intrigued by my JW experience as well as all the other things that have happened to me in my life.

At a recent session, she also mentioned PTSD. It’s something I suspected in myself, so it’s good to hear a professional confirm it.

I’m glad it’s working for you. All the best!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow Broken Promises ...good to hear you found someone who wants to help. The girl I saw is only an assesser so I'm hoping for a more experienced person when I get to the treatment. All the best to you too.

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Loz,

You have a PM :)

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit