What is your favourite boardgame?

by Caedes 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Caedes
    Caedes

I have recently been playing a number of interesting boardgames, most often Agricola although Le Havre, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne and Space Hulk have been popular too.

There are some very interesting card games out as well such as Dominion and Race for the Galaxy.

I am looking forward to playing The Great Fire of London and Merchants & Marauders whenever I can get hold of them.

I particularly like Agricola because it isn't very confrontational as a game, obviously there is a winner but you can have fun playing even if you come last. Some games you only win by destroying the other players ability to do anything interesting when playing the game, Risk or Monopoly for example.

Anybody else have any particular favourite boardgame? if so why do you like it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Scrabble - I know geeky and sad.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I enjoy scrabble too, unfortunately it tends to end up being rude word scrabble if I play!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ouija!!

Zid

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Backgammon. If anyone else is signed up at Gammon Empire let me know we can have a game together!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Oujia, didn't one of the big game manufacturers make a mass market board? Presumably every copy came with it's own spirit world link? I can imagine it would be fun to play with one, if you were with some people who believe in that kind of stuff!

I have played backgammon as a kid and I really enjoyed it, very tactical. I haven't played it since and I certainly can't remember the rules.

• blondie
    blondie

Scrabble and Boggle. I like Clue and have found a online version at www.pogo.com

• zoiks
    zoiks

I like Risk. An old family favorite.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Hmmm... Monopoly. It takes forever, but when you start bidding wars, back room deals, etc (which I didn't know were allowed in the rules until like a year ago), it can be a lot of fun. Usually play with a time limit, though, to keep it manageable.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I saw the thread title, I thought Ouija was going to be in the very next post. I'm amazed it took two more posts before someone in this deemun-stricken rabble mentioned it. ;)

I'm boring. And I like words. So it's scrabble for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit