What if God's existence was PROVEN TO BE TRUE?

by nicolaou 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    If our creator is love (as my God is) and he granted that ability to his creation, then we can reflect the emotion of our creator. I think emotion is how we can come to know our creator.

Tammy - if the God of the bible was like you, the world would be a better place. I know this is a back handed compliment because you believe God to be all love, so you give credit for your loving disposition to him. This is what selfless people do. You always see the good in people and project your love on to them. I don't thank God for that - I thank you.

If God is the creator, then he is responsible for all emotion, both positive and negative. If not he would be only half of the equation and depend on a partnership with a devil to balance the universe. What you believe works for you, and allows you to make sense of who you are. I have nothing better to suggest replacing it with.

• tec
    tec

I did it - and since people were talking about which God's existence, I don't know how it would not have eventually come out. I'll stay off the thread, then.

• tec
    tec

Sorry, that was a pissy cranky moment... and yes, I have those too. I apologize.

Had to come back to say thank you to Gladiator for his kindness, though.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

To most Christians, Jesus IS God, you crazy North Cackalackian!

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Most of us have read many more books and articles about the various world religions and beliefs besides christianity, just because someone still chooses to be a christian after reading them doesn't mean they NEVER read them.

Remember, all that was written is based ona persons opinion and if we take what is written in the bible as just that, we must also take what is written form other sources the same way.

I know that some will argue that other sources don't claim divine inspiration or at least not all of them do, but fact is, NO book claims that, not even the bible, people caim that of the bible, some writers in the bible claim that of certain parts, but we also have parts in the bible that show critiqgue of the very wroters and warning that they out their "words in God's mouth".

Yes, there is much in common between biblical stories and ideologies, things liek the great flood and such have commonalities, and yes, it seems that many things pre-date the written word of the bible, which onle means that they predate the WRITTEN word and not much else.

It's fine that someone choose not to accept the bible in any way, but one hopes that the critical eye used to dismiss the bible is also used for other things as well.

• undercover
    undercover
    To most Christians, Jesus IS God, you crazy North Cackalackian!

heh heh.... there's the rise I was lookin fer...

• snowbird
  • ziddina
    ziddina
    "Remember, all that was written is based ona persons opinion..." PSacramento

Nooooo, the ages of the various religions and holy books mentioned aren't "a person's opinion"... They're based on archaeological EVIDENCE - and yes, I'm aware that certain archaeological digs appear to have 'confirmed' various items in the bible...

Usually what is confirmed, however, are location names, times inhabited, customs followed, and so on... It is highly significant that "Jesus" is NEVER mentioned in the Roman writings of the time in which he supposedly 'existed'... "He" is mentioned a generation or so AFTERWARDS, but in the context of the new religion based on 'his' life and death...

The Romans were real sticklers for recording things - ancient 'bean-counters', in a way... Roman writings of the same basic period DO mention several OTHER so-called "Messiahs", which makes the omission of "Jesus" even more strange...

As for Tec introducing "Jesus" into this thread - what Sylvia said!! Besides, I think my comments prompted her [Tec's] introduction of 'him', somehow...

Zid

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

What if God's existence was(were)proven to be true? - Is a provocative question because many people believe that it has been proven. The title is and assumption that it has not been proven. This is bound to be challenged.

I have barged into Christian threads and made, what I thought at the time were pertinent remarks, challenging statements that were made.

This is an open board and threads can meander and develop as a number of differing views are expressed. The more the merrier, or more importantly, the more the deeper and more balanced the discussion becomes.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The topic was supposed to be about the reaction we think most likely in the event that God's existence is proven to be true. It is not about our perceptions of who or what god is or about our personal spiritual experiences - there are plenty of other threads on that theme.

Yes, I need a nap. Goodnight folks . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit