What if God's existence was PROVEN TO BE TRUE?

by nicolaou 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

SweetBabyCheezits You make some good points. You are seeking to clarify what is meant by God, in order to respond in a sensible manner.

But where is nicolaou ? There is the X Factor. Then there is the Z ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ factor.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thanks, Gladiator. Yeah, the specific god or concept of god makes all the difference to me. The five I picked are a pretty narrow selection.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    the point is that he has finally showed up (or conclusive proof of him has).

What would constitute conclusive proof?

BTS

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The fact that I can think proves there to me that there is a God. Men make robots and computers that can do a lot, but they are not conscious of themselves. They do not "know" they exist as we know we do. ..."

Excuse me??? Better check up on the latest developments in robotics - that "awareness of self" is being developed even as we speak - mind you, I'm talking about the basic instinct for self-preservation, which is one of the goals of robotics engineering at this point.

However, as robotics sciences continue to develop, expect that "self-awareness" to be developed - up to a point - also...

Check out this pdf on development of an "emotional communication robot"...

http://www.google.com/search?q=self+preservation+robotics&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

And this website: http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/24231/?a=f Which states:

"Social Smarts - The socialization of robots was an important area of research this year. Many researchers believe that giving robots social skills will make them better at assisting people in homes, schools, offices, and hospitals.
    Andrea Thomaz, a TR35 innovator for 2009, created robots that can learn simple grasping tasks from human instructors who use social cues, such as verbal instructions, gestures, and expressions.
    Another robot, made by a group at Carnegie Mellon University, guides conversations by making "eye contact" to suggest that it's time to speak ("Making Robots Give the Right Glances"). ...
    And a virtual robot mimicked sneakiness, hiding in virtual shadows and darting between obstacles to remain undetected ("Modeling Sneaky Robots"). ..."

They're evolving, which segues back to my previous comments on another thread about the fact that humanity has to use Evolution when developing new technologies, because evolution is the underlying principle of the universe. If "Creation" was the universe's underlying principle, then humanity would have ALREADY CREATED the "Perfect" robot.

Unfortunately, a glance backwards at human progress shows a series of small, forward steps, as opposed to one great moment of "creation"...

ANYway... Back "on topic"....

If there were some way for "god" to be PROVEN, humanity would STILL run into the problem of: WHICH "god"?? The Hindu Pantheon??? Buddah??? Allah??? Jehovah???? Yaweh???? "The Lord" Jesus????

Still gotta narrow it down to ONE, if we're going to talk about "PROOF" of "god"... It would have to be amazing, beyond-belief proof - AND it would HAVE TO BE REPEATED for each subsequent generation; otherwise they'd say, "Aw, that's what you old people say!! But none of US has seen it!!"

Whoops, WhereAmI, there I go again!!! Logic and common sense...

Zid

• xchange
    xchange

What would constitute conclusive proof?

The opposite of the situation today where there is a severe lack of sufficient evidence. If that occurs, then my justification for skepticism could be unjustified. Also, the evidence would not be supplied by those who already 'know' and 'believe' that a god exists. In other words, a god that could directly supply me with evidence without resorting to what men/women have written down, personal revelations, and emotional appeals. Also, this god would reveal themselves to everyone on earth simultaneously. Now that would be something.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I would be thrilled!

Snoozy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I would be thrilled! -Snoozy

Even if the discovered god was Allah?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If there actually was a God, he would have to be a good guy....or would he....

SBC you just ruined my image of god...lol

Snoozy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    But where is nicolaou? There is the X Factor. Then there is the ZZZZZZZZZ factor.

That was a hell of a lie-in! Don't you just love lazy Saturday mornings in bed with someone you love?! Even after ten years away from it I still love that I'm not pulling on my itchy ministry clothes and going out to knock on doors.

But hey! If Jehovah was real would I be screwed?!

Yeah, I guess it does matter which god was proven to be real, that's a fair point. But whoever or whatever god turned out to be most people would be disappointed.

God could never please everyone.

• designs
    designs

Maybe the Aliens will walk up to the microphone and do the introductions........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit