This information source not for me,,,

by Spade 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KatP
    KatP

I think that ministry site is a hate site for JW. however not all sites that talk about JW and their differences in the bible are hate sites. Sure you going to get some sites that out right hate JW and lie and make up personal stories.

Thing is a lot of sites are simply pointing out what they see is mistakes in the teaching of the WTBTS, and do not hate JW at all.

A lot of JW and pro-JW can also use tactics and show this one site and judge all other sites without looking into them as being haters of JW's.

The best thing for Spade to do if indeed he is looking for truth about the WTBTS and its teachings, is to search the net and read some of the information about Gods word available and compare that the the WTBTS teachings.

You will find some excellent sites to help you. Thats if you are truly serious about searching for the truth.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

KatP sorry but your avatar name makes me lol.

Anyway welcome to the board.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Hi KatP,

Good advice for Spade. Welcome!!

MMXIV

• KatP
    KatP

Hi Nobleloge, thanks for the welcom, I never really looked at my name, now I see what you mean, lol. its just an abbreviation of my name, and last initial.

sorry but your avatar name makes me lol.
    Anyway welcome to the board.
    Hi KatP,
    Good advice for Spade. Welcome!!

Hi MMXIV, thanks for the encourament and welcom, nice to meet you.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Welcome KatP!

You've made one of the funniest unintentional jokes when you chose you user name. LOL. Sorry. It's nice to meet you. Will you be telling us your story?

V665

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So who here would ever in their right mind refer him to that site?

Is it someone posting here that is still a JW?

That is the only reason I can think of that someone would refer him to that site to make the ex JW's look bad.

I don't get why or who his wife would need protecting from though..the JW's or us or the 6 screens referred site.

Snoozy..

• besty
    besty

once you recognize that 40% of Americans believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old then you will know there is a place for sixscreens :-)

as for me and my household we prefer jwfacts and freeminds.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Spade,

In some ways I can relate to what you are doing. Sounds like you have never been a JW and was researching the religion that your wife is studying. If I am off base here, I apologize. In my situation, I married an inactive Jehovah's Witness who was an unbaptized publisher when I first met her (but was later disassociated due to her involvement with me). I was a Christian believer and even though I had heard so many things about the witnesses being a false religion, I decided to be open about it and at least listen to them.

Well, a year ago my wife decides to 'progress rapidly in the truth' and it forced me to examine my beliefs as well as hers. I did my research and I quickly learned that the witnesses were not the truth and as a believer, I ran back to the gospels. I became a bit zealous for a while and made all the classic mistakes concerning cult members.

A year out and I must admit that my thinking has largely changed as I learn more and more about religion in general (thanks largely to this site). While I haven't given up totally on Christianity, I have become more open minded again (as I use to be) and don't carry the apocalyptic view of the WTS that I once had. Rick Fearon (who posts here as koolaid man) certainly takes a dark view of the society. I've listened to his recording of him being disfellowshipped and I have to admit that he kind of took a rather arrogant tone toward the elders. (I'm annointed, none of you are, is there an annointed person I can talk to? etc.) Just doesn't sound like anything Jesus would do (especially given the gospel account of His trial with Pontias Pilate).

• yesidid
    yesidid
    So who here would ever in their right mind refer him to that site?
    Is it someone posting here that is still a JW?
    That is the only reason I can think of that someone would refer him to that site to make the ex JW's look bad.
    I don't get why or who his wife would need protecting from though..the JW's or us or the 6 screens referred site.

Snoozy..

Yes he was, in his first thread, recommended to that site by someone on this board. However that thread has been pulled.

y

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Yesidid wrote: Yes he was, in his first thread, recommended to that site by someone on this board. However that thread has been pulled.

Sorry to contratict you, Y, but it's not pulled. Here is link to the referral:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/199253/3/Forgive-the-Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit