This information source not for me,,,

by Spade 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Spade ... check out www.jwfacts.com

Unbiased facts without the negative. Jehovah's Witnesses are for the most part good people, the religious organization is very controlling, new bible students do not learn of the negative side, the Jehovah's Witnesses you talk to suppress anything critical from their minds and will not dwell on that part. You really don't realize the control, the potentially damaging effects until it is too late. Many Witnesses go through life never caring or wanting to know anything negative, they want to believe it is "God's Organization" and accept every changed explanation as new light. When you wake up to the contol of the organization and the false teachings, then the s**t hits the fan, then you recognize the mind control, intolerance of individuality and personal conscience, then you have a web of family and friends and an exit from the religion can be devastating.

• tec
    tec

Leaving -

I give a vote of confidence to jwfacts.com also. I found it tasteful, respectful, and honest.

What you need to remember, Spade, is that many people here have been hurt by the policies and doctrines of the WTS, losing family and loved ones. If you lost your wife over the WTS, you might be able to understand the anger and resentment and pain that you read. But do check out jwfacts. It was the first place I looked once I decided to stop my bible study. I studied for two year, nearly joined, and then decided against it. Only after that did I start looking around for information on Jehovah's Witnesses from outside sources.

Tammy

• Spade
    Spade

"I'm still confused. More lost than ever. why attack JWN?"

The above site bothered me. Someone here linked me to the above site. Extreme beliefs in people that control other people's minds.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    We are not a team. We are not organized.

Leaving i thought "we" were a team :-(

Hey I am trying to get organized.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Extreme beliefs in people that control other people's minds.

Regarding 'Mind Control' or 'Thought Reform', please see Steve Hassan's book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'. Also, read about the research of Robert J. Lifton.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I get it.

His wife is studying, he found this site, someone recommended the six screens website, that site looks evil and hateful so now he thinks we are a hate group.

How did I do Spade?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I am not a fan of the mentioned site either, I am sure he has been helpful to some. IMO a site like that can have the opposite effect and scare some right back to the perceived love of the Kingdom Hall ... as some threads here can do too.

www.freeminds.org is another great site to look around.

jwfacts and freeminds were the first sites that got through to me, I had come to this site off and on for a few years and was often offended by the hateful comments and vowed to not look again, now I get it.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I agree with everyone on this thread. The opening post by 'spade' was very confusing. It seemed like he was leaving JWN because he felt that sixscreens - a complete different website - promoted religious hate.

It was a confusing presentation and not quickly sorted out.

I also find sixscreens offensive and inflamatory. Extremely off-putting to me.

jwfacts seems much more thoughfully prepared and easier to follow.

Spade wrote: The above site bothered me. Someone here linked me to the above site. Extreme beliefs in people that control other people's minds.

I guess that means that you will still read and post here with us on JWN.

I'm glad to hear that.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Many do find the Six Screens site creepy. However not all XJW sites are like that.

Bangalore

• yesidid
    yesidid

Spade I absolutely agree with you, that six screens site is really creepy.

There are many on this board who have told the owner as much. I hope he reads this thread.

www.jwfacts.com is more your scene I would think. It is just the facts of the religion presented in logical, non emotional manner.

All the best........and...........keep searching.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit